Preventing Honey From Crystallizing

Prevent honey, maple syrup, jelly, etc. from crystallizing. Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar per pint of sugary substance.

By Charley from West Henrietta, NY

I am not sure how to prevent it crystallizing but after it does putting it in the microwave for a short time will put it back to liquid. Its great warm,

I'll say an extra prayer for you if this tip really works!

I've saved a one gallon glass jug of honey for several months, that's mostly crystalized, hoping one day that I'd hear how to reliquify it. I wonder if your tip works AFTER it's crystalized? I might get the courage to take the chance and try it, AND microwave it, too. God bless you. : )

Charley, I've been using this remedy for about 50 years and it hasn't failed me yet. Add some clear Karo to your honey and it won't turn back to sugar. If it has already chrystallized, put it in the micro wave for a little while until it's running again. [Be Sure you take the top off before heating.] then add a couple of tablespoons to the Honey. It won't change the taste at all, and your Honey will be ok.

Louise

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMarch 9, 2007
Orange Honey Sauce
Orange Honey Sauce Recipes
jar of honey
Honey Cake Recipes
Fruit Salad
Honey Fruit Salad Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎄