What Can I Use for Dusting Instead of Spays?

I am looking for an alternative for dust spray, ie., Pledge. Any suggestions?

By Charlie from Alexandria, IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I spray my dust cloth with a very light mist of water.

It really helps to pick up the dust instead of just moving it around.

If you're wanting something to clean and shine, there are homemade recipes using olive oil and lemon juice.

I love my Swiffer - no chemicals and they go a long way if you shake them outside after each use.

I like using a microfiber cloth dipped in water, then wrung out till almost dry. If the surface is still too wet, wipe the damp surface with a dry cloth. These microfiber cloths are in dollar stores.

You can try a white vinegar and water solution, with any soft cloth. I've been known to fill a cleaning bucket 1/3 full with hot water and add a couple of caps full of white vinegar. If the water gets too dirty, pour out what you have and make a fresh batch. Not only does it take care of the dust, my home smells much fresher.

I use a very, very light mist of water on my feather duster.

I use literally 3 drops of olive oil on a micro fiber glove (that I found at the dollar store for a buck) to preserve my wood. I of course wouldn't use this on electronics. This is not a multi-purpose solution.

For my walls, glass, electronics, etc. I use the vinegar & water mix in a spray bottle (equal amounts). 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white vinegar. This is a light mixture which does fantastic on windows. For heavy items such as floors, coffee pots, microwaves, odor, I'd mix a 4/1 ratio 4 Vinegar/ 1 water.

Home and Garden Cleaning DustingOctober 28, 2010
Man Dusting End Table
Dusting Your House
Dusting Blinds
Dusting Hard to Reach Places
Firgurine of a woman in a red dress.
Dusting Fragile Figurines
Dusting Wood Furniture
Dusting Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:25:49 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.