What Is Behind Vinyl Siding? - Categories:

Maintenance and RepairHome Improvement

What Is Behind Vinyl Siding?

We have a 9' x 16' area on the back of our house -- 3 sides are vinyl siding and the other side was wood and screen. We replaced the wood and screen with windows and sliding door. This goes out to our deck.

What is behind the vinyl siding? Can we easily remove the siding and finish the walls like a normal room in a house?

I hope I explained this clearly enough.

DebbieG from Camden Point, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Are you saying the vinyl siding is on the inside?

It is now that we put in the permanent wall of windows/sliding door.

We put vinyl siding on our house with screws, however, I'm sure most builders use nails. Behind our vinyl we put wood, thermo-ply, and tyvek was required in Florida. (We built the house ourselves). When my husband decided to build a screened in back porch on our house, I had no problem removing the screws and taking off the siding. We replaced with wood paneling.

Some houses are wrapped, but others have the siding put right on the house. Find a seam where two pieces overlap and press down on the piece on the bottom, you should be able to see whats behind the siding. Good Luck

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairAugust 11, 2007
Photo of a house with vinyl siding.
Removing Paint Stains From Vinyl Siding
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 19, 2016 at 10:42:09 AM on 10.0.1.68 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.