Fruit Salad With Sherbet

My parents went on a weekend get-away when I was a teenager, and were served this dish in the restaurant at their hotel. Upon returning home, my mother re-created it and it is delicious! I have served it many times over the years, and people feel like they are getting a really "fancy" dessert, when it's all so simple. Simply slice any type of fruit that you wish into a bowl or into sherbet or ice cream dishes to serve.

Out favorite mix was: Peaches, red apples, strawberries, bananas, kiwi fruit, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Sprinkle with just a bit of sugar or Splenda if desired. Add scoops of orange sherbet. Eat up -- delicious!

By bailegirl from Reidsville, NC

fruit salad
Fruit Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsMay 21, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Frozen Fruit Salad
Frozen Fruit Salad Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon