Work With Your Existing Color Scheme

Sometimes, we find ourselves living on a limited budget with decor colors, or a room we don't like or have grown tired of. I discovered that using a selection of paint chips, color wheel know-how, and a decorator magazine or two can help you create a fresh look while saving a lot of money!

Instead of fighting old colors, learn which new colors are compatible with the old ones. For example, my condo had a decent, but very boring, bathroom with an ugly cream-colored sink counter, complete with a few small pits in it, etc. The bathroom also had the world's ugliest flooring!

Using some paint chips and color combination booklets from Home Depot, I finally hit upon combining the cream counter with a beautiful forest green floral print in the shower curtain and a forest green carpet and toilet cover set. The cream counter remained untouched. The floor was covered up with the carpet. WOW! The bathroom looked brand new for less than $100.00 (at that time!) It just POPPED! Even the little pits in the sink counter were much less noticeable! I found my accessories all on sale at Sears. However, there are great finds at garage sales and flea markets too, for even less.

So, don't give up! Try new color combinations and a few accessories for a brand new look before spending big bucks on a remodel!

Source: (This tip is my own trial and error finding!)

By Shayla from Anaheim, CA

Beautifully, yet inexpensively,  decorated room.
Decorating Your Home on a Budget
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingMay 21, 2008
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Boy in Pikachu Costume Against Spider Web Curtain Background
Making a Pikachu Costume
Photo of a colorful area rug.
Color Advice for Area Rugs
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
🎄