Spicy Avocado Dip

Ingredients

• 1/2 lime
  • 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup chopped tomato
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • dash hot pepper sauce
  • 60 Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals Zesty Tomato Herb Wheat Crisps

Directions

Squeeze juice from lime into a small bowl. Stir in the avocado, tomato, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Serve with the crackers for dipping.

For an Italian twist, substitute the cilantro with basil and the lime juice with lemon juice. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley.

For a Mediterranean twist, substitute the cilantro with dill, the lime juice with lemon juice and the Worcestershire sauce with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley.

Source: My daughter found this recipe in an old notebook of mine that had been stashed away for a very long time. It appeared to have been used in the past due to the spots on the paper. It was time to bring it out and post it here. Hope you enjoy this spicy flavored Avocado dip.

By Connie from Liberty

September 21, 2011 Flag
My friends and I make this. It's cheap and very easy to make.

• 4 avocados
  • garlic powder
  • onion salt
  • Ad
  • red crushed peppers (optional)
  • black pepper

Directions:

Wash the avocado, cut it, and take the seed out. Put the avocado in the bowl (I usually squeeze it out then throw away the skins), then mash it up. Add garlic powder, onion salt and black pepper. Add red crushed peppers if you like it a little spicy. Mix it all up and dip your chips in it - Yum!

If you're making it for one person, use one avocado. Amounts depends on how many people you are making the dip for.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes

By Mary from OK

I love your idea of adding some red pepper flakes, Mary. Happen to have an avocado I need to use up by the end of the day, so guess what I'll be making!

I hope you don't mind if I suggest an easy way of removing the avocado fruit. You don't need to wash the skin and the easiest way to get all of the fruit out is to use a large knife and a spoon. Cut all the way around the avocado lengthwise down to the seed. Pull the two parts away from each other. Take the knife and hit the seed lengthwise hard with the blade, give it a little turn and the seed will pop out. Then all that's left is to scoop every drop of the fruit out of the skin :-)

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsSeptember 26, 2008
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎄