Spicy Asian Watermelon Salad
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 11, 2018
Packed with nuts, avocados, tomatoes and watermelon, this dish is loaded with great textures. It's also full of vitamins and healthy fats. I didn't use an oil in the dressing because of the balance you get from the cashews and avocado. This savoury and spicy twist on a melon salad makes a great side for any meal. Give it a try!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small watermelon (or half a large one), cubed
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh mint, torn
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (1/2 if you want it milder)
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 small lime
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 inch block of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a bowl, mix together the watermelon, mint, tomatoes, avocado, cashews, jalapeno, and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, and vinegar. Grate in the ginger and garlic. Drizzle over salad and mix well.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.