SaladsRecipes

Spicy Asian Watermelon Salad

Vote for this contest contender!

Packed with nuts, avocados, tomatoes and watermelon, this dish is loaded with great textures. It's also full of vitamins and healthy fats. I didn't use an oil in the dressing because of the balance you get from the cashews and avocado. This savoury and spicy twist on a melon salad makes a great side for any meal. Give it a try!

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

1. In a bowl, mix together the watermelon, mint, tomatoes, avocado, cashews, jalapeno, and sesame seeds.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, and vinegar. Grate in the ginger and garlic. Drizzle over salad and mix well.

Can't begin to tell you how many of my favourite recipes are from you, Toosa! Time for a cookbook (or 5) of your own? xox

Believe me, I'm working on it (them) ;) I actually thought of you when I was posting this one! Glad you approve!

I love LOVE this. I think I will make it for Christmas lunch by the pool since it's so hot here then.

Excellent Sue! I'd love to an experience a hot Christmas in Oz :) Let me know how this salad goes! x