Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
While the combination may sound strange, cucumber and watermelon combine to make a delicious salad. This page contains cucumber and watermelon salad recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
June 29, 20118 found this helpful
I've seen oodles of assorted recipes for cucumber and watermelon salads online, but here's what I came up with. The combinations of ingredients sound strange, but they are a wonderful blend of flavors.
- 3 cups watermelon cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumbers cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, and garlic in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss watermelon, cucumbers, feta, and cilantro in a serving bowl, drizzle with the dressing, toss again, and serve.
This unique mix of watermelon, basil, cucumbers and ketchup (!) makes a great, refreshing salad!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced (or mint)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups watermelon, cut up
- 1/2 cucumber, cut up
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Add your oil and spices together with the minced basil in a big bowl.
- Add your cut up cucumber and mix. (Oops... I added a few pieces of watermelon before taking the picture.)
- Add the watermelon and mix again.
- Add the ketchup for a final mix.
- Serve chilled! YUM!