Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
While the combination may sound strange, cucumber and watermelon combine to make a delicious salad. This page contains cucumber and watermelon salad recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
I've seen oodles of assorted recipes for cucumber and watermelon salads online, but here's what I came up with. The combinations of ingredients sound strange, but they are a wonderful blend of flavors.
Read More Comments
- 3 cups watermelon cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumbers cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, and garlic in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss watermelon, cucumbers, feta, and cilantro in a serving bowl, drizzle with the dressing, toss again, and serve.
This unique mix of watermelon, basil, cucumbers and ketchup (!) makes a great, refreshing salad!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced (or mint)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups watermelon, cut up
- 1/2 cucumber, cut up
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Add your oil and spices together with the minced basil in a big bowl.
- Add your cut up cucumber and mix. (Oops... I added a few pieces of watermelon before taking the picture.)
- Add the watermelon and mix again.
- Add the ketchup for a final mix.
- Serve chilled! YUM!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.