Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 23, 2011
This was my first favorite salad, as far as I can remember. I used to beg my mum to make it for me as a young girl. In Iran, it's popular as a summer salad but I make it year round. It's very healthy and absolutely delicious! Try it next to a protein and/or rice. When the juices from this salad mix with your other foods, it's heavenly!
Read More Comments
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (lemon juice is fine, too)
- 1 tsp. cumin (I like cumin seeds better - if you can find them, use them!)
- 1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 5 Persian cucumbers or 2 English "Hot House" cucumbers, cut into 1/8 inch cubes. Basically you want seedless cucumbers with a thin skin)
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1/8 inch cubes
- 1/2 a small red onion, cut into 1/8 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
*It's not traditional, but I use one bell pepper (of any color) in mine. It gives it a fantastic new dimension!
Whisk together oil and lime juice. Add cumin, mint, parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion then toss to combine. And salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
By attosa from Los Angeles, CA
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 16, 2011
I started making this several years ago. It was winter time, so there was not a big variety of fresh veggies for a salad, but I did have cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, and with a young child, I always had string cheese.Read More...
July 19, 2006
Quarter several fresh garden tomatoes. Peel and slice one or two or more fresh cucumbers. Peel and slice one or two good, sweet onions. . .Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.