Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Poulan Pro Push Mower Won't Start

I have a Poulan Pro Push Mower. I tried to get it to start and it wouldn't. I checked the spark plug and it was bad so I changed it. I filled it up with gas and it has oil. What else could make it not start?

James from Portageville, MO

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By spurlock small engine09/15/2010

You could either have a clogged air filter, or a no ground on your dead man switch.
In order for an engine to fire, you need three things: G.A.S. Gas, Air, Spark

By jim06/08/2009

Hi, to narrow down the problem, spray a shot of starting fluid in the carb and try to start then. If it starts and dies or engine tries to fire, you have a fuel problem. If it does not fire, you have a electrical problem. Try this and go from there. This at least lets you know which way to troubleshoot. Hope this is useful.

By Sally [13]04/04/2009

(Submitted via email)
Lawn mower has no spark. Tip given was to check the points and replace the coil. My lawn mower does not have Points or Coils. <br />Just thought you may like to know.

<P>By <a href="http://www.thriftyfun.com//profile/index.lasso?profile=">Rick B.</a> from Seattle

By Harry (Guest Post)07/02/2008

Try a shot of carburetor cleaner in the air filter, then try to start it immediatley

By ann. (Guest Post)06/29/2008

Some ideas of things to check (from my husband)-is the plug getting fire to it and is fuel getting to the cylinder. Also, check to see if the air filter is clogged. If no fire to plug could be a bad magneto, no fuel could indicate carburetor problem.

By siris (Guest Post)06/28/2008

Sounds like the problem I had. my son-in-law replaced the magneto. Apparently they have modified it 4 times since I bought it 2 years ago. It has a tecumseh motor.