Installing a New Solenoid on Mower

Category Lawn Mowers
If your lawn mower won't engage and turn over to start, you may need to replace the solenoid. This is a page about installing a new solenoid on mower.

I have a Yard Machine that I bought and they said it wouldn't start and someone had replaced the starter and solenoid. I tinkered with it and found the solenoid was still bad so I'm installing the new one and now I forgot which wire goes where. I know the power from battery goes to one side and power to starter goes to the other. Then the igniting switch to the little side post. But there's a green wire that I have no idea where it went.
Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a how-to video. Please perform this install safely!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JSn6HHXQo

I just replaced the starter solenoid on my riding mower. There are two safety switches to plug in to it, one wire is purple the other is black or gray I believe. I'm not sure which one to plug into each side.

Answers

This YouTube video should be able to help. m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyiP_i2EASk

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersAugust 15, 2018
🎂
🎃
🌻