Riding Mower With a Kawasaki Engine Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
You can't mow the lawn when your mower won't start. Trying to find the cause of it not firing up is a process. This is a guide about a riding mower with a Kawasaki engine that won't start.

My Kawasaki compact lawn mower winds over, has spark, and fuel, but takes a long time to start with choke on/choke off, accelerator up or down it still takes a long time to start. I wound the battery flat trying to start and finally got it going. What could be a possible cause of this problem?
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

There is a switch under the seat. You could try to disconnect it and reconnect it and see if that helps.

Best Answer

I would clean the carbs

My John Deere gt275 lawn tractor had a large back fire then stalled and now won't start. The starter is spinning, but doesn't appear to engage the flywheel.

The engine is a K series 17hp Kawasaki. I have changed the plug and fuel filter. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Answers

Anonymous

I have a 20 horse tucumseh riding mower, when I first start it cold I hear a metal on metal clunk after I hit the starter key. It only does it when it's cold !
Jim

I have a John Deere x300 lawn tractor with a Kawasaki 2 cyl engine. It will only start by disconnecting one or both coil ground wires. What part is defective?

Answers

You have a bad wire on the mower. You can disconnect the kill switch wire and follow it to the chassis side of the mower. Find this wire and replace it.

I have a JD 18 HP. V twin; it's a Kawasaki engine. It has spark at the spark plugs and it's getting gas into the carb and to the spark plugs. It will crank over, but will not start and run. I drained the gas and put new gas in it and it still will not run, just will crank over. The battery and all are in great condition. What can I do next?Please I need help ASAP.

I can't take it to the dealer cause of what they charge to fix stuff. It's a 2005 or 2006 model. Here are some of the numbers I took off it, FH580VBS04-R, FH580VA94857, and KAXS.686N40B. It has been sitting unused for about 4 or 5 years, but like I said I have changed everything and cleaned out everything also. It just won't run!

By Tami M.