Browsing: Removing Acrylic Nails

Removing Acrylic Nails

For 1 year, my fake nail has been over my own nail. The doctor said it will grow out, but it has been a year. It is nasty looking. My friend said go to another doctor and see about having my finger numbed around the area and cut cuticle and separate the fake nail and my own nail. The fake nail seems to be under cuticle. Help.

By Pam from Hamilton, OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Pam, I had acrylic nails for a few years and was fortunate that no damage was done to my real nails. It takes awhile and patience but you soak and soak and soak some more in acetone. Good luck.

You better go to a different doctor!

Go to the nail place and let them soak your nail in acetone. The nail will come off. They do it every day.

Is it acrylic? If so, you just soak it in acetone nail polish remover and it will disolve. If it's not acrylic, please post more detail. Also, I can't understand how an artificail nail could still be under the cuticle after a year. When I had acrylic nails, I had to go get them filled in every 2 weeks because they would grow out.

Red Acrylic Nails
Removing Acrylic Nails
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsAugust 11, 2010
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
acrylic paint
Painting With Acrylic Paint on Plastic
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 1, 2016 at 1:16:49 PM on 10.0.2.94 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.