Have Confidence To Face The World

I guess this could be called a 'confidence in myself' tip. Like probably nearly all women, I tend to worry about appearance before I leave the house. I stand in front of the long bathroom mirror and agonize over things like: "Does the color of this shirt look good with the pants", "Are the pants too long?", "Does my hair look a mess?" well, you know the sort of thing! I've been doing this not just once, but several times over.

Now I've decided that this is both time wasting and unproductive and am training myself to go and look once only. The shirt is fine, the pants are fine, my hair is fine. I'm confident enough to face the world and not to worry that others may be looking and making critical remarks (which they are probably not doing at all anyway!)

By Ellie from Melbourne, Australia

Top Comment

Stand in front of that mirror and announce loudly to yourself..."I am a handmade original and there is not another like me anywhere!! I look terrific!"

Top Comment

It's best to have worked out a few outfits BEFORE you have to put them on. Then you quickly know what to wear. Did that this AM - Alo try to have an easy to maintain hairstyle - and keep fussing down to a minimum. All this helps.

Top Comment

Good for you, If the world would stop belittling people and look at their hearts it sure would be a much nicer world.A lot of jobs would be lost I guess, like, Rag magazines, gossip columns, fashion magazines, etc.etc.

Maybe the world would have more time to do good things. Blessings Barb

Top Comment

Three cheers for you! Great piece of advice. I learned this when I had cancer. Life is perfect as it is and we can all be confident caring women. Thank God for this positive website!

Good for you! I always worry about what I have on and obsess about how it fits... even after losing 25 lbs. I just tell myself, when I go out I don't look at other people that closely, so they aren't either.

That is a Great Tip, I'm going to do that! No more dithering!

I had a great thing happen to me one day years ago when I was pregnant. I was having a bad hair day, I was huge, and my whole day was just not going too good. Well that was the day the girls at work had my baby shower.

A few weeks later, I received the pictures from the shower, and guess what, I looked beautiful. It was all in my head.

So now when I don't feel "beautiful", I think back to my shower, and know that I am in fact beautiful inside and out.

My advice to you is to Put God in the mirror. As long as we look at ourselves we will always see flaws and will never be satisfied with who we are or what we look like. Loving God through Jesus Christ will decrease your preoccupation with yourself. Your focus will be on Him and he'll show you the beauty that lies within you.

Secondly, I used to think like you too. I thought that people were always looking at what I had on or what I looked like. They aren't. It's not about you and it's not about me. I had to learn the hard way. Sometimes my friends would just say "It's not about You." So hang in there kiddo and remember, you're beautiful because God made you that way. And get away from the mirror. :o)

OKKO

Man Greeting the Dawn
Building Self Confidence and Self Esteem
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMarch 31, 2008
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
A girl having her face painted.
Buying Face Paint
Young girl with face paint on.
Removing Face Paint From Clothing
Girl with face paint.
Removing Face Paint
🎄