Getting Mulch Delivered for Free

Can I get a load of mulch delivered for free?

By anntt from Kissimmee, FL

I got a whole truckload delivered to my yard. The power company was 'servicing' the power poles, trimming all the tree's away from wires etc. I pulled over and asked them what they did with the shredded branches and leaves etc and they had to take it to the land fill, my house was closer. I filled my drive way with it and when it rains it washes 'compost' close to my house. Call your local power company. It can't hurt.

Try contacting a tree service for free mulch. Here in the D/FW area of Texas, it costs $500 to haul the chippings from an average size tree to the landfill (according to our tree service guy). They are thrilled to have a place to dump usable mulch and it saves our landfills, too. It's truly a win/win for everyone. (We can even specify how finely we want it ground!)

The same goes for dirt/landfill. Here in Florida they dig holes for pools a lot. You can ask for the truck load of dirt and if you're closer than the landfill, it's yours. Call a pool company if you don't see a truck.

saving money on mulch
Saving Money on Mulch
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 5, 2009
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
wagon of mulch
When to Avoid Using Mulch
🎉
🎄