Using a Steam Mop on Laminate Flooring

We just bought an older, refurbished home. The contractor/flipper put dark laminate flooring in the livingroom and bedrooms. I have always had reservations about this type of flooring, because of the water spotting, etc.

Has anyone successfully used a steam mop on laminate? and if not, what do you use?

By Barbara

Yes, it dries quickly.

It is my preferred way to clean my laminate floor.

I just bought one about a month ago and I just love it! It is a Shark brand. On another chat board that I go to, a woman who has the Pergo brand floors was told not to use them on theirs. But I have had no problem at all.

From experience, only use minimal moisture on a laminate floor. Using a Swiffer with a piece of an old terry towel that is only damp works well.

Mine is a light color so don't know if that would make a difference for spotting/streaks but I use generic window cleaner and wipe with a soft rag attached to a Swiffer.

I was told not to use my Shark steam mop on my laminate flooring but others say they do. I'm also wanting to know the answer! I read the steam will loosen the laminate wood.

I just received a steam mop for a Christmas gift and we have laminate flooring throughout the first floor of our house. It is a lighter more natural color laminate and works Amazing! We have no issues with water or anything like that. I have 2 toddler boys and 3 dogs and you wouldn't believe how quickly my floors can become dirty and how quickly they are clean again with the Bissell I have. I love it and will never go back to a regular mop again.

Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJune 27, 2011
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring