Replacing the Ceiling of a Pop-Up Camper

I would like input and pictures on replacing the roof on a 2001 Coleman Santa Fe pop up tent trailer. Thank you.

By Bob

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Look at your manual. I live in Elkhart IN where they manufacture many units of RV's; most of them will gladly do the work without shipping if you travel there with the unit.

Re: Coleman Folding Trailers (Pop-up Campers) steve 4-20-10

Just talked to our dealer. For our 1999 Santa Fe, the top is under a lifetime warranty including labor. HOWEVER, it doesn't include the freight to get it sent out which is a whopping $1200 to Colorado

http://www.rv-c  thread_full.html

I can't recommend http://www.popupexplorer.com/ enough. Go there and do a search for your problem because there were/are problems galore with the circa 2000 Fleetwood/Coleman ABS roofs. I have a 1999 and mine has luckily been free of problems, but I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The shipping is crazy. Any chance you can take a trip to the factory? It would probably cost you the same, but at least you'd get a little vacation out of it.

Even if you have to pay for the shipping, I'd recommend doing it anyway. Only the original owner can get the roof like that and if you sell it without fixing it you won't get as much for your unit, plus the next owner will be looking at about a $3,000+ bill to do what will cost you $1,200. We are the second owners of ours and that's part of why we wait with baited breath to see what's going to happen with ours.

Fleetwood/Coleman pups are the best out there, but they definitely made a misstep with that ABS roof. Too bad, because it's a handsome roof.

July 27, 2010 Flag

Could someone please tell me how to replace the roof (ceiling) in my pop up camper? It's an 86 Star Craft, and now we are ripping out the foam. We have fixed the roof, so it no longer leaks, but the entire ceiling on the inside needs replacing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By Becca from ME

Answers:

Sounds about like my husband's next project. He has done this before. As long as you don't leak, then invest in an auto book for interior headliner fabrics. You can check out a fabric warehouse for similar insulating type material. Use an automotive adhesive glue (as for the headliner). Or if you can tack with upholstery stapler, that is good, too. If you don't care too much on colors, etc, get some Marlite panels like for showers, and put that up over it all. (06/10/2010)

By T&T Grandma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A truck towing a vintage popup camper.
Repairing a Popup Camper
Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 27, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 2:04:41 AM on 10.0.1.14 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.