Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in the Rice Cooker

If you are cooking rice in a rice cooker you can also cook hard boiled eggs at the same time. After washing the rice and adding the proper amount of water, place a couple eggs in the cooker so that the water covers the eggs. The eggs will be hard-boiled by the time the rice is done.

There will be a bit of cooked rice stuck on the outside, so pick off any big chunks. If you are going to eat them with your rice or use in a side dish, peel them. If you are going to save them for later, wash the outside and stick them in the fridge.

By Stella from Manchester, WA

I had never thought of this. What an interesting idea! When you open the egg, is there any of the green ring around the yolk?

I have never seen a green ring around the yolk when doing this.

Nice idea and handy but the only thing I can think about is how the chickens defecate sometimes on the eggs. I doubt if that totally washes off. Then that possible contaminate is in your rice.

I thought about this and all the responses and it reminded me to point out for the above contamination reasons to always wash off the tops of tin cans before opening them, due to the exact same thing. Animals defecating on the tin cans; mice, etc. I would wash the eggs in baking soda to do this, but if I did enough servings of rice a day, then there would be a lot of boiled eggs, I like to turn it on and walk away aspect of it.

Love it! Robyn

Hardboiled Eggs
Cooking Hard Boiled Eggs
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsApril 22, 2010
Rice Cooker
Rice Cooker Recipes
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard Boiled Eggs Tips and Tricks
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
🎉
🎄