Save Money on Prescription Drugs
With the economy these days prescription costs are just one more thing people worry about. Did you know that you can pay a reasonable price on many of the most needed medications if you just do your homework? Here are some tips to help.
- Did you know that most pharmacies are willing to price match other pharmacies (including Costco and Wal-mart prices)? They may charge a small fee, but it might be worth it to call around.
- Many of the big chains are now selling "fast moving meds" such as HCTZ or simvastatin for a discounted $12-$20 for a 3 month supply? This includes, but not limited to Kmart, Walmart, Longs. Rite Aid may charge an enrollment fee, but I believe the other 3 just offer this program at no charge.
- If you live near a K-mart, check out their website. They post what is covered. Check with your other pharmacies as well they may post their information on the internet.
- Many of the chain pharmacies will honor another's coupon, remember they want your business. Several of them offer "gift cards" for a new or transferred prescription.
- If you have a high dollar medication such as "Advair" visit that drug's website. They send out a "1 free inhaler coupon" and they send you coupons for future use. Do this with other drugs like Plavix, ProAir, etc. You would be surprised what offers are out there.
- Most manufactures offer patient assistance programs for drugs that are high cost (Plavix, as an example). Email them or call.
- Never hesitate to ask your doctor if he has samples, this may cut your cost for a week or so.
I am full of this info, I have been in the pharmacy field since 1997! Hope this helps someone, and remember it never hurts to ask your pharmacist how your drugs can become less expensive and more affordable.
By jchoyle from Grass Valley, CA
January 2, 20150 found this helpful
Thank you for this helpful information.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 18, 2016 at 1:28:22 PM on 10.0.1.214 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us