Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Squirrel Chewing

Squirrels and other rodents can cause, expensive to repair, damage to your car by chewing on the wiring. This is a guide about squirrels chewing on car wiring.

Here are questions related to Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring.

Question: Squirrels and Chipmunks Chewing Car Wiring

I am having a problem, and this has been twice within 6 months. The squirrels are making a nest on top of my gas tank and chewing my fuel line wiring. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
I have never had this problem in the more than 19 years I have lived in my location.

By Jill T.

Most Recent Answer

By Tanya [4]12/09/2013

I know it's mean but I would throw stones at the squirrels anytime I see them get near where they are not supposed to be. If you don't want to hurt them with stones, try paperwads. If they know that some kind of ammo is coming at them, they'll leave.

Question: Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring

They have made a nest three times and ate wires in the motor of my SUV. Someone suggested using smelly drier sheets, at night when not using the car. It didn't work. We then had nice smelling nests. Any help will be greatly appreciated?

By Donna B.

Most Recent Answer

By Rick S.05/15/2013

Spray Rataway Fragrance, safe around children and pets.

Question: Keeping Squirrels from Chewing Car Wiring

Squirrels are chewing the wires on my car (battery, control systems, and plugs). It needs to stop. My car is in shop now, because of this! What can I do to stop this?

By Carl

Most Recent Answer

By kyleaz05/19/2013

Bonnie,
The Rid-A-Rat installed once by yourself will solve the problem. Perhaps with a major problem you might need 2. They ship their product all over.
Kyle

Question: Rats or Squirrels Chewing on Wires Under the Hood of My Car

I live out in the country and have a problem with rats or squirrels, not sure which. They get under the hood of my car and chew the wires or cables. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to prevent them from doing this. The car is kept under an open carport. I would appreciate any helpful information.

Bonnie from Porum, Ok

Most Recent Answer

By kyleaz05/02/2013

Please do not use poison, it won't kill the rats most of the time and if they have eaten it they just get weak. In their weakened state they make a nice stack for hawks,owl,eagles,coyotes,and the cats such as mountain lions,and bobcats.
Havaheart traps are wonderful. Then you can choose what to do with your critter. Rid-a-Rat.com is also green and made in the US by Americans

Solutions: Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!