Folding Towels

When folding towels, fold long-ways first. That way, when you hang them on the rack, you don't have to unfold them completely to hang them up!

By Becki in Indiana

Good idea for folding towels. I have done it this way for years but just to add; I also roll mine up like a Swiss roll. Hey presto no fold marks.

I have folded both both ways over the years. However, if there is limited space and more than a few towels, rolling is more space consuming, although the spa-like look is quite appealing. I use the flat folding method and mix my colours

I've actually managed to make a habit of the tri-fold, where you fold longways into thirds and then again into thirds. This seems to be perfect for the type of shelves I have. It seems odd at first but now I can do it really fast.

How to Organize and Fold Towels
Folding Towels
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 18, 2004
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
A stack of folded sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent