Folding Fitted Sheets

Category Laundry
If folding fitted sheets is as frustrating for you as it is for many of the rest of us, don't despair. This is a guide about folding fitted sheets.

What is the best way to fold fitted queen sheets? Mine always end up in a lump that occasionally resembles a rectangle. Most of the time the end result defies description.

By Mike from Germantown, MD

Answers

Best Answer

I fold mine in half then fold it till it's about a foot wide then roll it up. I do all my sheets, pillow cases and towels that way. It takes up less space.

Best Answer

Put your finger in each corner on the wrong side. Lay it down on a bed or other surface. Fold the corners down. It makes a rectangle that is the size of the mattress thickness. Do the same with the other side. You have now made the sheet into a rectangle that can be folded just like the top sheet.

How do you fold fitted sheets? I have been watching the Martha Stewart video about folding sheets properly, but I still can't do it. I like an organized linen closet.

By Onesummer

Answers

Anonymous

I spent a summer in college working for the Sheraton so I folded a lot of fitted sheets! I'm just not sure if I can explain this well in words.
1. Fold the sheet in half and "nestle" one of the corners inside the other. I find this easier to do by fisting my hand into one corner to nestle it into the other. The seams that make up the fitted corner should line up.
2. Fold it in half again and nestle the two (already nestled) corners into one. Now all four corners should be nestled together.
3. Smooth the sheet as best you can and fold it lengthwise into thirds.
4. Fold (or more like roll) the length of sheet into a neat fold.

The best way to now store the sheets is to fold the flat sheet just one fold shy of finished. Now tuck the folded fitted sheet and pillowcase(s) into the flat sheet and finish the fold. Now you have a neat package to pull from the linen closet when its time to make the bed.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I explained it well.

An alternative would be to fold the fitted sheet "good enough" and then slide it and the flat sheet and pillow cases into one of the pillow cases. They won't get separated and will stack neatly.

great idea!