Folding Fitted Sheets?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

How do you fold fitted sheets? I have been watching the Martha Stewart video about folding sheets properly, but I still can't do it. I like an organized linen closet.

By Onesummer

Anonymous

I spent a summer in college working for the Sheraton so I folded a lot of fitted sheets! I'm just not sure if I can explain this well in words.
1. Fold the sheet in half and "nestle" one of the corners inside the other. I find this easier to do by fisting my hand into one corner to nestle it into the other. The seams that make up the fitted corner should line up.
2. Fold it in half again and nestle the two (already nestled) corners into one. Now all four corners should be nestled together.
3. Smooth the sheet as best you can and fold it lengthwise into thirds.
4. Fold (or more like roll) the length of sheet into a neat fold.

The best way to now store the sheets is to fold the flat sheet just one fold shy of finished. Now tuck the folded fitted sheet and pillowcase(s) into the flat sheet and finish the fold. Now you have a neat package to pull from the linen closet when its time to make the bed.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I explained it well.

An alternative would be to fold the fitted sheet "good enough" and then slide it and the flat sheet and pillow cases into one of the pillow cases. They won't get separated and will stack neatly.

great idea!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 27, 2012
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Folding-Fitted-Sheets-1.html