Folding Fitted Sheets

What is the best way to fold fitted queen sheets? Mine always end up in a lump that occasionally resembles a rectangle. Most of the time the end result defies description.

By Mike Urciolo from Germantown, MD

Best Answer

I fold mine in half then fold it till it's about a foot wide then roll it up. I do all my sheets, pillow cases and towels that way. It takes up less space.

Best Answer

Put your finger in each corner on the wrong side. Lay it down on a bed or other surface. Fold the corners down. It makes a rectangle that is the size of the mattress thickness. Do the same with the other side. You have now made the sheet into a rectangle that can be folded just like the top sheet.

Everything is easy when you know how. Showing is better than describing, so check out this video on YouTube. Good luck.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

I have been doing laundry of fitted sheets for about seven years. My advice is this - Take one corner by the point and put it over your hand inside out and then take the next corner in order (length or width doesn't really matter) and meet the two points inside out. Flip the second corner over the first one over your fist. Then continue with the next corner turning the third point inside out and putting over the first two fluffing up as you go to make sure they are aligned. Then meet the last one to the other three points and flip it over the first three.

This will give you all four points on one hand facing the correct way - good side out. Shake it up a little bit and then lay it down on the bed or couch. You will have a square with the elastic edges on two sides. Fold down one of the sides in a third of the width of the sheet and then again. Fold after that like a flat sheet. Smoothing as you go this will look as good as the laundromat does. It does take some practice, but I can do it now with my eyes closed.

Anonymous

I was taught as a kid exactly the same way mdavis explained and mdavis explained it verbally perfectly ;-)

In my estimation I'd say you're doing it right! That's how mine look!

I don't fold fitted sheets, they look fine after I've put them on the bed!