Folding Fitted Sheets

I remember the days when we did not have fitted sheets and if the sheet was not tucked in good, you would wake up and find yourself laying on the mattress.

In those days, when my mom changed the sheets, the top sheet became the bottom sheet and a fresh sheet was placed on top. This saved some washing, I'm sure.

The fitted sheet is a great invention. I don't remember how I learned it, but there is a trick to folding fitted sheets. I would like to share the way I was taught to fold a fitted sheet. It's simple and easy.

After the sheets are folded, I place the set together and put it in the linen closet with the fold side out.

1. Using the bed for a flat surface, put the bottom pockets into the top pockets lining the seams up together. This folds the sheet in half.
  2. Smooth the sheet out and fold the sides in so the sheet lays flat on the bed.
  3. Start folding the sheet by lifting the top portion with the pockets over to the bottom portion of the sheet.
  4. Smooth it out and fold over again lengthwise.
  5. Fold over one more time sideways and set aside.
  6. The flat sheet is much easier to fold by just fitting the corners together and folding. Leave the last fold undone for the next step.
  7. Lay the fitted sheet on top of the folded flat sheet.
  8. Place the set of pillow cases in the middle.
  9. Place your hand in the middle and fold over to have the set together.
  10. Store the sheet set in the linen closet with the fold side out making it easy to pick up when you need it.

I learned to fold the sheets that way when I was first married and used the laundromat. The tiny table they provided was never enough for the many people who needed to fold.

The only difference is that I tuck the sheet into the pillowcase, and store it that way.

You made it look so easy...I've never enjoyed folding sheets. Maybe now they'll look nice and neat. Thanks for being so helpful and showing good pictures as a guide.

I have seen a lot of ways to do this job, but they never worked for me. The best way for me has been to wash the sheets and put them back on the bed. But now I think this is the one that can work for me. Thank you so much.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 29, 2018
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Folding-Fitted-Sheets-3.html