Use Unlit Incense to Scent a Room

A nicer way to fragrance a room and much safer than those horrid chemical plug-ins is this handy tip. Open a packet of incense sticks and pop a few into a little vase. Decorate it if you wish.

I used an old glass pepper pot and put some ribbon around the top. I have some lavender by my bed and some sticks in a vase in the hallway and in a decorative vase in the lounge. I don't even need to light them to have their scent in the room.

By Monique63 from Somerset

I did send a photo with my entry but lately they never seem to appear! Adding it myself.

This is the glass pepper pot recycled!

Monique :)

Editor's Note: Sorry about that, we have added it to the original post.

I use to do this too but now I use the reeds with aroma oil. You don't have to light those either and if you turn them over once a week, they will scent for a long time.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried just about everything and still they don't give the scent intensity that I would love.

Those oils are so expensive but I'll be sure to try this as those incense sticks are very inexpensive and this will allow me to buy allot more of them.

Hmm. I should try this. I love the scent of incense, but the smoke aggravates my allergies - which are bad enough without the help!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 26, 2010
Improvised Incense Burner
Homemade Incense Burners
A man repairing Christmas tree lights.
Christmas Lights Not Working
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors