Fresh Mint for Air Freshener

I use fresh mint from my overgrown mint patch for air freshener. I gather a small handful and crush it up a bit, put a couple of bread ties or rubber band around it and hang it from the light fixture of the ceiling fan. I also put one hanging in front of the box fan. It leaves a really great smell, free and green.

By cheep_livin from Brownsville, Ohio

That is a great idea and I will most definitely use it! I have been trying to find alternatives to store bought air fresheners.

That's a great idea! I planted some mint last year, hoping it would spread and fill in the area along my fence, everyone told me it would spread like a weed, mine died! Did well all summer, but no sign of it now! No green thumb here! So I'll have to buy some mint from the farmer's market!

I loved the peppermint I had in my outdoor garden to get rid of the ants but lord i had a horrible time getting rid of the peppermint, although it smelled delicious. Now I have ants (a lot) at one of our cabins and I am almost of a mind to set out mint plants to get rid of them. Does anyone have any ideas beside doing this? We have got rid of ant hills but they are still hanging around. I love the idea of the mint air fresheners will definitely try that.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesJune 25, 2009
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Mint Brownies
Mint Brownie Recipes
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality