Lottery For Charitable Donations

My husband and I get a lot of calls for money (charities) over the phone. Instead of saying no or refusing to talk to these people, we ask them to send a form for their request. Then we say we'll put it in our lottery.

Our lottery works like this: when I pay the regular bills, I take all the donations and put them in a pile. When I'm done paying bills and if I have enough money left over, I go through the donation stuff and pull one out at random. This is the one I donate to. It isn't always the same one and I feel like we're doing our part to help other people. I never pledge money over the phone. Works for us. Thanks.

By Mickey from Ohio

Awesome idea, Mickey!

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

i think that this is a great idea

i will definitely do this in the future...

Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity
Better Living Charity TipsMay 17, 2007
Volunteers accepting food donations.
Charitable Giving Ideas for the Holidays
A stack of old cellphones.
Donating Old Cellphones
Large Outdoor Blue Goodwill Sign
Organizing Goodwill Donations
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops