Garden: Helpful Snake

This little guy isn't my pet, but he was in my garden and he does help with the bugs. Not all snakes are bad, plus he blends right in.

By Wanda from Sears, MI

Helpful Snake

Cool picture!

I had a garter in my garden too. He knew I was there and I knew he was there, but we never bothered one another. I was really pleased that he was in my garden. He would sun himself on the basement window sill. Snakes are one of the most misunderstood creatures in this world. Why people think that they have to kill these little beneficial creatures is beyond me. They wouldn't hurt anyone. Another beneficial snake is the black snake. I wouldn't want them on me, but I understand and appreciate them. They have a place in this world like we do.

We have snakes, and I love them! They're so beautiful, the way they slither's almost magical how they move so quickly and gracefully.

Photos WildlifeSeptember 17, 2008
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?
Caring For a Pet Snake, Snake on a person's hand.
Caring For a Pet Snake
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 2:28:26 PM on in 863 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.