What Kind of Snake is This?

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 424 Answers

What Kind of Snake Was This?I had a snake come into my garage, fortunately my husband was able to kill it (while I freaked out). Can anyone identify it?

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Best Answer

It could be a water snake, which isn't poisonous. It would be helpful to know where you are located.

Best Answer

That looks like a copperhead snake & they are dangerous venomous.

Answer this Question

108 More Questions

We live in Escondido, California. I found this in our backyard last night and am curious as to what type of snake it is.

What Kind of Snake Is This? - very long light and dark colored snake, appears non-venomous

What Kind of Snake Is This?

Answers

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I do not feel this is a venomous snake but I'm not sure anyone has correctly identified your snake.

• Garter snake? Probably not as garter snakes have long stripes down their body and your snake has bands around the body.
  • Advertisement

• Gopher snake? Probably not as the markings on a gopher snake are very "busy" (lots of markings).
  • Rat snake? Possibly but I could not find a similar rat snake photo.
  • Since snakes change within hours after death it is possible this is not the best photo to review but from the photo, it looks similar to the CA king snake. King snakes are found all over CA and they are harmless and nonvenomous. There are many colors/types of CA king snake but they are banded.

Here are some photos of black king snakes - please wait a few moments for an individual photo to appear. www.google.com/search?q=black+snakes+of+Escondido...:

www.google.com/search?q=Escondido,+California+banded...:

If you still feel you would like more information you can contact your local county extension office and they should be able to help you. Here is a link to help you find your county office.

ucanr.edu/.../

Answer this Question

My hubby found this snake mowing lawns, at work. We are in South Carolina. I'd like to keep it, but not if it is poisonous.

pretty green and black snake

What Type of Snake Is This?

My buddy had this coming out of his attic. We are just curious what it is and the best way to keep them away.

Identifying a Snake - dark striped snake in a box

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Best Answer

Snakes enter an attic for warmth and food. Your friend probably has mice or rats in the attic. He may not see them because the snake is doing a good job of eating them.

This could be a rat snake, which is a good climber. Once the rat or mice problem is addressed, the snakes will find somewhere else to go.

Answer this Question

brown and tan snakeI found this snake in our garden shed and I don't want to kill it if it's not dangerous. It looks bigger than it is; it's just a baby. Please let me know. I Googled Arkansas snakes and there are hundreds of pictures, but none match this one!

By Linda W. F

Answers

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks

Try your state extension office, you may be able to email the picture to the agricultural agent for identification:

www.uaex.edu/.../county_offices.htm

The banding on that snake is very interesting. I was taught the way to identify a poisonous snake was two-fold: triangular head and colours:

"Red touches yellow- kill the fellow! Red touches black - happy Jack"

Meaning if the red banding bordered yellow banding the snake was poisonous and the advice was to kill him before he bit and killed you.

(Not saying I agree with this, btw, because snakes are beneficial-they eat rodents before the rodents can eat your electrical wiring or other important things; if at all possible it's best to let snakes live since they are helping keep your property pest population down)

If the red banding touched the black banding, Jack (you or whomever was deciding if the snake is dangerous) could be happy and let the snake go on it's way.

But that is one unusual looking and coloured snake! It even looks as though it has a rattle at the end, but it sure doesn't look like any of the rattlers I grew up seeing in the American desert southwest.

I'd check with the agricultural agent to be sure, and to get some good free advice on figuring out what attracted that snake to your property.

Deleted for duplication. Sigh:)

Snake with stripe above eye and along body.What kind of snake is this? Photo taken this morning.

By JR

Answers

I think it resembles the worm snake. I used to play with them all the time when I was a child.

Here is a video link that will work to show you what a worm snake looks like:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLd4kTye1g

Blessings,
Robyn

The "snake" in the photo is actually a lizard. It is a Glass Lizard (Ophisaurus sp.).

What kind of snake is solid black with white stripes about an inch apart? It was roughly about 3 to 4 feet in length and about an inch in diameter, fast, and very aggressive.

By Rick

Answers

It may be a eastern king snake, non-poisonous.

Frank

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 102 Feedbacks

I do remember he is a good guy. Goes after rattlers. Was it a king? Don't quote me. Main thing, do not hurt him.

www.blurtit.com/q865770.html This should help you out. He is harmless and just likes to be left alone. King Snake..great to have around if you don't want rattlers, same with Bull Snakes.

Kingsnake or Garter/Ribbon Snake, depending on whether the stripes run across the body(king) or down the body(garter).

Answer this Question

What kind of snake is this? I am in Madisonville, Louisiana.

What Kind of Snake Is This? - dark gray or black snake

What Kind of Snake Is This?

Florida snake.We found this snake in our back yard yesterday. Our neighbor thinks it is a moccasin. It is red and black striped with a whitish belly. The head does have black lines from the eyes to lips and the head is a diamond shape. We live in Tampa Florida and there is a conservation area out back.

By Tara

Small brown snake on door mat.Today I saw a snake just in front of the door of my terrace. Does anyone know the type? Is it dangerous? It was beautifully colored bronze and so attractive that for a moment I was thinking to catch it!

By Hossein

I need to know what kind of snake is this? It was out side our house. I live in southwest Houston, TX. Is this poisonous?

What Kind of Snake Is This?

Snakes in a white bucket.I found about 5 so far, coiled up, but know they are a little aggressive. They are about 6 - 12 inches long.

By David J.

Can some one tell me what kind of snake this is?
It's about 13 inches long. Dark snake with side markings in bucket.

Snake

By Mark

Answers

Water Moccasin?

What state do you live in?

Load More
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesJune 1, 2013
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Kind-of-Snake-is-This-1.html