Keeping Mirrors from Fogging Up

Category Bathroom
Rather than having to wipe your bathroom mirror with a towel to remove the fog from your shower, you can prevent this from happening. This is a guide about keeping mirrors from fogging up.

You can spray WD40 and wipe on mirrors to prevent fogged up during showers and baths.

By mlholm812 from Parma, OH

You can also use a cheap shave cream, clean the window with it just like you would a cleaning spray. Might be cheaper than WD40.

Well I know everybody loves to have a hot shower or bath. And when you get out you like to look in the mirror, but you can't because it is all steamed up.

Now my favorite thing to do to prevent that is to put Colgate shaving cream on my mirror. It shines and prevents the steam from fogging it up. Just be sure to rub it in well and don't put too much. If you do, it will leave white streaks and it will be embarrassing. Now you will have to do this every 3 - 4 weeks or so but I do promise you it is worth it.

By Sarah from Watauga, TX

To make a homemade anti-fogging glass cleaner try any of the following:

This article was written by Anne Field, Extension Specialist, Emeritus. Source: MSU Extension

I use my hand to spread shaving cream (not gel) on my husband's in-the-shower shaving mirror, then wipe it off with a towel or paper towel, and it works great - no fog. I have to do this about once a month. I never thought to try it for the windows in my house that fog up, but I will now. Come to think of it, my kids would have a blast spreading around the foam. If this doesn't work, I'll try one of the other ideas. Thanx!

Terry from ChilliOH

Spray a thin coat of shaving cream onto a dry mirror, rub with a lint-free cloth until the cream disappears...