Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Keeping Mirrors from Fogging Up

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
bathroom mirror

Rather than having to wipe your bathroom mirror with a towel to remove the fog from your shower, you can prevent this from happening. This is a guide about keeping mirrors from fogging up.

Solutions: Keeping Mirrors from Fogging Up

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Keeping Your Bathroom Mirror From Fogging Up

Well I know everybody loves to have a hot shower or bath. And when you get out you like to look in the mirror, but you can't because it is all steamed up.

Now my favorite thing to do to prevent that is to put Colgate shaving cream on my mirror. It shines and prevents the steam from fogging it up. Just be sure to rub it in well and don't put too much. If you do, it will leave white streaks and it will be embarrassing. Now you will have to do this every 3 - 4 weeks or so but I do promise you it is worth it.

By Sarah from Watauga, TX

Tip: WD40 to Prevent Fog on Mirrors

You can spray WD40 and wipe on mirrors to prevent fogged up during showers and baths.

By mlholm812 from Parma, OH

Tip: Anti-Fogging Glass Spray

To make a homemade anti-fogging glass cleaner try any of the following:

• rub a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent applied with a damp paper towel over the window

• 1/2 cup vinegar to 1 gallon water

• 1/2 cup sudsy ammonia to 1 gallon water

• 1/2 cup sudsy ammonia, 2 cups rubbing alcohol, 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing detergent, 1 gallon water

This article was written by Anne Field, Extension Specialist, Emeritus. Source: MSU Extension

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!