Surprises in the Garden

I don't like monotony, and I love surprises. So with each new season, I buy a variety of flower and vegetable seeds, mix them all in one bag and sprinkle them at random around my garden. With each new sprout, I get a kick out of each new sprout as I wait impatiently to see what kind and what color of flower or vegetable I'm going to nurse. And because I believe that you should welcome your family and your guests with prosperity, I make it a point to always plant herbs along the isle and insert the sprouted variety of flowers among my green herbs. And the aroma and the fusion of it all is therapy to the soul and the spirit and the heart.

By Mae from Washington, DC

Surprises in the Garden

How pretty!! Looks very relaxing,,,,

Our city does this on every green space around and it doesn't look ANYTHING like your lovely yard! What are they doing wrong? If I mixed seed in a bag and cast them out, I'd not be able to walk since

my yard has almost gone as wild as my garden!!

God bless you. : )

What a beautiful yard. Your hard work really shows.

I am so glad you decided to post this picture. My husband and I am making large concrete strepping stones (24" each) and are staining the tops to look like natural stone or slate. We're going to make a patio and pathway through part of our yard. Even though I thought it would look nice, it was really great to see how nice it could look when we finally get finished! Your posting has given me another burst of energy to pour more stones tonight! Thank You!

I have smelled the flowers, tasted the vegetables and layed on the grass of this garden! Believe me it is a therapy for the heart.

Well done Mae. Your garden is beautiful as usual.

All the best.

Rima

Photos GardenJune 27, 2007
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
🎄