Washing Machine Isn't Spinning

All of a sudden my washer won't spin. It sounds like it is but it doesn't revolve. Does this sound like it might be a solenoid?

By Lois from Seattle, WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There is all kinds of archive feedback on this, look to the right of this page and check it out.

I had the same problem. First make sure your washing machine is level, if it is. Here's is what I did. I stuck a long item like a screw driver in the hole on the washing machine where that little thing on the lid goes in. My machine then started to spin, I did that a few times. Now all I do is slam the lid shut and sit a large heavy item on top of the lid, because the lid was not connecting with the washing machine itself.

Probably your clutch has gone out. It will need to be repaired.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersApril 4, 2011
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:03:55 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.