Washing Machine Isn't Spinning

All of a sudden my washer won't spin. It sounds like it is but it doesn't revolve. Does this sound like it might be a solenoid?

By Lois from Seattle, WA

There is all kinds of archive feedback on this, look to the right of this page and check it out.

I had the same problem. First make sure your washing machine is level, if it is. Here's is what I did. I stuck a long item like a screw driver in the hole on the washing machine where that little thing on the lid goes in. My machine then started to spin, I did that a few times. Now all I do is slam the lid shut and sit a large heavy item on top of the lid, because the lid was not connecting with the washing machine itself.

Probably your clutch has gone out. It will need to be repaired.

November 5, 2011 Flag

I have a GE super capacity plus washing machine that is not going through the final spin, leaving my clothes soaked. Everything else works fine during the rest of the cycle. Please help!

By Cristen

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mine did the same thing, it turned out to be the transmission was worn out from (gulp) my overloading it with heavy denims. Oops, and it was pricey to repair!

Fixing a Washer That Won't Spin
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersApril 4, 2011
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine