Shopping for Packaged Bread Maker Mixes

When I bought the machine, they offered packages to bake the bread. Where can I get them now?

By Anne

I see them with the flour in our grocery stores. But you can make your own just as easily--especially if you have a recipe you like. Simply put all the dry ingredients in a zipper bag or other airtight container. Make up a bunch at a time, then all you have to do is put the wet and the dry ingredients into the bread pan in the order your manufacturer recommends.

If you don't have a recipe, I generally use: 3 cups bread flour, a tablespoon or so of sugar, and a half teaspoon or so of salt. In mine, you put in the yeast (1 tablespoon if you buy bulk), the dry ingredients, and about a cup of water. (You can watch and make sure it is the right amount of water.)

You can add herbs, grated cheese, etc. when you want. There are tons of recipes on the internet. Just choose one with minimal "wet" ingredients, and put the dry ingredients together ahead of time. Add the yeast when you put it all in the pan.

I agree with Jilson, the packaged mixes are so expensive. It is so much cheaper to make your own and it takes no time at all! I am like Jilson, I just check to make sure there is enough liquid or enough flour. But otherwise, you are home free with it. Personally I like to put mine on dough cycle and then shape it myself and then bake in the oven.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 11, 2010
Brownies
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
🎄
🍂