Budget DecoratingDecorating

Japanese Theme Room

I'm 13 and I want a Japanese style room but I have a small room. Red and blacks would darken my small room. How should I decorate my room?

Jessica

print out your name or a phrase that means something to you on the computer onto normal printer paper. then, instead of cutting it out, tear the paper into a oval like shape but make it look realistically wripped. give the paper a aged look by soaking it into coffee for 20 minuted. then use a match/lighter and burn the edges slightly. i did this, and framed it for a older, personal touch

A true classic Japanese room was a tatami room with tatami mats on the floor (You can find tatami beach mats) a bed that rolls up and very sparse furnishings - with rice paper sliding doors - and a scroll and a flower arrangement and maybe some stacking shelves. Minimalist modern design is inspired by it. Rent a video of any Kurosawa film to get a sense...You can get any of these sort of items from 99 cent stores - and/or places like Pier One (look for sales & bargain items.) You could cover your lighting fixtures with paper folding shades - & use black as an accent color - remember less is more. (Red & black is more of a Chinese motif.)

I have a Japanese theme area and i love it. I have 2 room dividers with lights behind them, a water fall with flowers going in to it.lots of flowers and japanese pots. Lights that shine down on a white swan and yellow flowers. I also have a fogger light in there and lots of candles, So when i feel i need to get away , I shut the lights off and enjoy my garden.

I live in canada and im 30 mins away from Toronto where you can get any thing in china town.I also find item every where. have to keep your eyes open at all times

I have a friend who painted her bedroom a grassy green color. They then went to china town (they live in chicago) and bought inexpensive wall hangings that went with the grassy color. It was very pretty.

Hi, I am 13 and i need ideas for a japanese style bedroom. My room is very tiny and my budget is low.

Taylor

i am also doing an oriental themed room rigth now and i found this really cool website called asianideas.com and it has alot of cool inexpencive decorations plus i have a modern styl computer desk in my room and i dont know how to make it have and oriental theme to it can someone please help?!!

I'm trying to get a Japanese themed room as well and the easiest way to make the biggest difference is to get tatami mats covering your entire floor. http://www.tatamiroom.com sells tatami mats and custom cuts are available to get perfect measurements for your room. You may also want to paint your room different colors and paint kanji on the walls and stuff, put fans up, get rice paper room dividers and rice paper sliding doors and such, hope this helps, if you want more help e-mail me at vegaslrm(at)yahoo(dot)com

I did an Asian themed room for my daughter for Christmas. I, too, didn't want the dark red and black, so I found a pretty bed cover set (at Target) in blue satin with Japanese ladies printed on it in reds and pinks. We then painted a dark cerise colour 1/3 up the wall and added a wallpaper border of Japanese fans. I bought a parasol from a cheapie shop and hung it above the bed. Finally, we bought an open backed cube bookcase for all her toys and books and a bamboo blind for the window. She had pair of Japanese style pyjamas she had grown out of so they are hanging on the wall. Another idea is to photocopy a picture you like and frame it for art.

Hi I'm Lexus I want one too but I'm 10. Will I have a good budget or tell me a good budget.

If you want a more festive Japanese style room, you can look up how to fold cranes or other origami, and then string them. For an additional touch, you can add a small tassle on the end. Then you can hang these anywhere in your room.

Great read all of these and wrote notes for my living room great love it keep up the good work, Thirfty Fun