Zesty Potato Salad

When I make potato salad, I cut the potatoes in 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes and cook the eggs in the same kettle.

• 12 average sized potatoes (peeled, diced, boiled)
  • 12 eggs (hard boiled, peeled, chopped)
  • 1 pt. salad dressing or mayonnaise
  • 1 24-oz. bottle of Vlasic's Zesty Dill Spears, chopped (This provides enough salt so you don't need to add salt)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard (or to taste)
  • black pepper (to taste)
  • garnish with paprika and parsley flakes

Cut the potatoes in 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes and cook the eggs in the same kettle. They both will be done 10 minutes after the water begins to boil. Meanwhile mix together the salad dressing, pickles, onions, mustard, etc. Mix with eggs and potatoes when they are cooked.

Tip: Use a very large bowl to mix it in, transfer to a somewhat smaller bowl, then garnish.

By Judy from North Dakota

This sounds so much like the tater salad my parents used to make but they never wrote down a recipe for it and I never thought to ask so thank you very much for sharing this!

Oh, and Vlasic Zesty happens to be my absolute favorite pickle ;-) Giving a thumbs up:-)

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PotatoFebruary 12, 2010
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes