Problems with Rolling Backpack

My backpack on wheels is starting to have problems. Sometimes the wheels refuse to roll (possibly they are tilting)- had a lot of wear. I was wondering if these things are made with non-rubber type wheels. Suggestions? Warnings? Like cars, do they need regular replacement when the mileage gets too high?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Most wheels on luggage are actually rollerblade wheels. With rollerblades you can remove and replace the wheels, as they are designed to do so. Also, they come in different hardnesses as well, and different bearing specifications. If you can take the old wheels off (without breaking anything) you should be good to go.

Did you keep your receipt? A lot of the companies will repair/replace your backpack for free if you just return it to them at your expense. I know the "big names", LL Bean, Lands End will, but I returned one that I had bought at Walmart to the company, and was sent a new bag.

Even if you don't have the receipt, it's worth sending an email to the manufacturer and see what they can do for you--

How about a shot of WD40 - perhaps the wheels just need to be lubricated.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 7, 2007
Crochet Rug
Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up
Rolling Dough
Rolling Dough Tips and Tricks
Wind Yarn with a Hand Mixer
Rolling Up Leftover Yarn
A girl with a backpack on.
Organizing Your Backpack for School
🎉
🎄