Organizing Your Backpack for School

A girl with a backpack on.
If it is impossible to find things in your backpack, maybe it is time to get serious about some organization. This is a guide about organizing your backpack for school.

I recently found an ingenious use for a drawstring back sack - a backpack organizer! I use a large backpack as a diaper bag then put one diaper, changing pad, wipes, and bib into the smaller drawstring back sack. I put the back sack into the backpack. Using the back sack in this way means that I can easily take just what I need to take into a restaurant. No more lugging a heavy, bulky backpack that someone inevitably will trip over. And, I still have peace of mind that if anything goes so wrong and I need the entire backpack, it's waiting for me in the car.

By gapotter from Raleigh, NC

How many times has your child come home with precious art work smashed or torn from being stuffed inside a backpack? Let your child make a backpack organizer out of a used Pringles can. Clean the can out very carefully. Wrap the can with pretty scrapbook paper or construction paper. Let your child decorate using stickers, glitter glue or foam shapes. When you child goes to school, they can roll the artwork up and place it inside the can for easy and safe transportation.