Making Cheap Ground Beef Healthier

My frugal tip is for cooking, but it's also a healthy one. Buy the cheap ground beef and BOIL it! The fat will rise to the top! Just don't pour the water (and grease) down your sink. Just for fun, set the whole pot (after it has cooled down) into the fridge over night then see how much disgusting FAT you are NOT putting into your body and arteries. The ground beef will absorb the flavors of the food you are using it in!

Trust me, you and your friends won't know the difference and it'll save ya from a heart attack (hopefully) in the future! Please let me know how ya'll like it!

Tootles,

By Sheila from Olive Branch, MS

I always do this - it gets so hot here that fatty things are just disgusting. It's a great tip, hope lots of other people use it. If I buy cheap minced beef the fat content can be almost an inch in the top of a medium sized pan. YUCK ! !

Best wishes, Leah.

I do this also. I also rinse my ground beef when I use it.

I do this too. I also rinse it in more water after it's cooked to get rid of even more fat. it's disgusting how much fat is in even the leanest of the ground beef. I think it's 30% or something!

I did that for awhile but my family CAN tell the difference so I quit doing it.

My mother boiled the ground beef for spaghetti, chili, soups and other recipes. I put the chopped ground beef in a cast iron pan, cover with water, season to taste with salt and pepper, cover, simmer until chopped ground beef is cooked well done, drain and use in recipes without the fat.

$10 Dinners: Soft Tacos, Browning Ground Beef, Hamburger
Cooking Ground Beef
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJune 4, 2008
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:25:31 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.