Making Cheap Ground Beef Healthier

My frugal tip is for cooking, but it's also a healthy one. Buy the cheap ground beef and BOIL it! The fat will rise to the top! Just don't pour the water (and grease) down your sink. Just for fun, set the whole pot (after it has cooled down) into the fridge over night then see how much disgusting FAT you are NOT putting into your body and arteries. The ground beef will absorb the flavors of the food you are using it in!

Trust me, you and your friends won't know the difference and it'll save ya from a heart attack (hopefully) in the future! Please let me know how ya'll like it!

Tootles,

By Sheila from Olive Branch, MS

I always do this - it gets so hot here that fatty things are just disgusting. It's a great tip, hope lots of other people use it. If I buy cheap minced beef the fat content can be almost an inch in the top of a medium sized pan. YUCK ! !

Best wishes, Leah.

I do this also. I also rinse my ground beef when I use it.

I do this too. I also rinse it in more water after it's cooked to get rid of even more fat. it's disgusting how much fat is in even the leanest of the ground beef. I think it's 30% or something!

I did that for awhile but my family CAN tell the difference so I quit doing it.

$10 Dinners: Soft Tacos, Browning Ground Beef, Hamburger
Cooking Ground Beef
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJune 4, 2008
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
🎄
🍂