Making a Sea Salt Facial Scrub

Category Face
The combination of salt and oil create a wonderful exfoliating and moisturizing scrub. This is a guide about making a sea salt facial scrub.

A doctor on TV gave the ingredients for a facial scrub using sea salt, sugar, olive oil, and lime juice. I have lost the copy I wrote down. Does anyone know of such a facial?

By Linda from Covington, TX

Best Answer

Lime Facial:

Limes are chock full of antioxidants, which help fend off cancer, and the acid in lime juice can help brighten your skin! Use once a week to maintain a healthy glow.

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon brown sugar

½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice

A pinch of sea salt

Combine ingredients in a bowl, apply to face and let sit for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water and voila! Your face will be exfoliated, moisturized and brightened all at once!

Here you go. It was on the Doctors show, and I went to the website and got it for you.

Cindy

Best Answer

Another great pampering for your hands is:

Just enough table salt in your hand (about half a teaspoon) and add enough Sweet almond oil to make the mixture moist.

Rub your hands with the mixture as though you are washing them, then rinse off the mixture.

The salt (some people use fine sugar) will exfoliate & help the oil seep into your skin.

Rinse off under the tap.

This is also lovely on your feet, etc. The sea salt may be a little too harsh on your face, but caster sugar is finer and will still do the same job, just without the harshness, as the salt or sugar is actually 'cutting' your skin. Very quick and easy.

Thanks Cindy. I will use this too. Another one I like is equal parts sugar and olive oil. Just a little in your hand is the best thing I have done for my face in a while.

I have heard that sea salt is supposed to be good for clearing up acne. I know when I go to the ocean my face does always clear up. What I was wondering is does anyone have a homemade recipe for a sea salt facial scrub?

Mandi from Erie, PA

Answers:

Sea Salt Facial Scrub

I just mix sea salt with extra virgin olive oil. Works like a charm, plus I already have the supplies in my kitchen. (03/02/2006)

By Caroline

Sea Salt Facial Scrub

I don't use sea salt, but I use table salt. First, dampen your face with a little bit of water then, rub salt gently over your face. Then wash off. My friends have tried this and it works wonders. (04/12/2006)

By Zameera