Using Baking Soda as a Facial Scrub

Category Cleansing
Make a simple and effective facial scrub with baking soda. This is a guide about using baking soda as a facial scrub.

Baking soda makes a fantastic facial scrub! Just mix around a teaspoon of baking soda with a little dab of mild liquid soap, and a drop or two of water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water. Your face will be soft and glowing. I used to spend around $25 on micro-dermabrasion scrubs for generally the same result.

By Janet R. from Rossville, GA

By (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Baking soda is also an excellent natural way to remove blackheads.

By (guest) (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I do this but instead of soap I use olive oil. Mix enough baking soda and olive oil together to make a thin paste. If you find it is too abrasive just add more oil. I usually do this in the shower before I get my face wet. Just rub on the paste, rinse off the baking soda and then I go about the rest of my shower routine, washing my face with gentle soap at the end to get rid of the oil. Voila! Smooth exfoliated moisturized skin.

I did have to laugh when I saw this hint. I had seen this somewhere before and thought it was such a good idea.

It may work great for others, but the minute I put it on my face, it hurt like heck. And I had a terrible time rinsing it off. I learned to try something new on a small spot first.

I've been using it for quite some time, works great, but as with all scrubs, you're not supposed to use it every day or when you have bad acne or rub too hard, remember your lightly scrubbing your skin not trying to rub it off.