Searching for Jobs Online

Which website do you recommend to do a job search?

By Karen from Charleston

I have been using

I used, too, but I don't stop with just one. Indeed pulls from a lot of other sites so the other sites post the jobs first. I also use careerbuilder, monster, my state government site, and the federal government site. With all of the sites, you can set up a search and have the site email you when they have openings that match your search. Good luck.

Craigslist is a great site. Also look into the site for your state unemployment office. They have sites available that are only for your state. is another one.

If you work in a certain field, like my hubby does he searched sites available through the trade magazines.

If you're looking for work-at-home, or telecommuting jobs and want to bypass scams, has a several-pages-long, alphabetical listing of large companies that hire for this type of work (including!) to which you apply directly. Varied positions and link-heavy with more info... ... athomecareers/ss/wahjobdirectory.htm

February 11, 20100 found this helpful has jobs that aren't listed in the newspaper, around here, in Iowa.

Budget & Finance Employment Finding a JobFebruary 4, 2010
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online