ArtCollectibles

Cole Bowman Oil Painting

I am looking for the value of an original Cole Bowman oil painting. I can't find much info about him online.

By artihips from Ottawa, Ontario

In response to your questions. On Mar 11/11 a painting by CB was posted ON KIJIJI for $200. I believe I also have a painting of his which I purchased at the auction in Victoria BC. I would be interested to hear if you think this is also done by CB as I just have the name Bowman on mine. gladysmichael@gmail.com

I have a Bowman too. I just pulled the nails and took of the ornate outside frame and is gorgeous! Gives it A whole new modern look.

Cole Bowman was an artist from Elmira, Ontario. He had a studio for many years on Arthur Street. He was my parents' friend. Cole worked almost exclusively in oils. He painted scenes of Waterloo County, the Ottawa Valley, Quebec, and Muskoka. His work sold in many private galleries in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes. My parents had a number of his works. Cole Bowman died in the early 2000s. My Mother says that he was around her age (90 now).

Hello all. Cole was my grandfather. Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any questions. I can be reached at adam@adambowman.com. I hope everyone is well.

I am trying to find information on paintings by Cole Bowman, a Canadian artist. I can't find any information on the value of his work. I have two pieces which I'm interested in selling.
Ottawa Valley
Magnetewan River

By Cher