Finding the Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print

Category Art
Thomas Kincade prints have been a very popular collector's piece of artwork. This is a page about finding the value of a Thomas Kinkade print.

I purchased a Thomas Kincaid painting in the late 90s from a small Kincaid exclusive shop in Manistee, MI. It is "Beyond Autumn Gate, Morning at Manor". It is now time for me to sell my painting and I can't find the original paperwork. Any help you could give regarding its value would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

Almost all Kincaid paintings were produced in several sizes as well as printed on several type of material so you may have to do some of your own research as you did not supply any of this information.

I have a PP Thomas Kinkade, Stairway to Paradise, print. It is 25.5 x 34 with a gold frame. I bought it in the 90s and have had it stored in a sealed box for the past 15 years.

I would like to determine the value so I can sell it. It is 36 out of 710. I have all the documents with it as well.

Answers

Best Answer

These are so complicated to value because there are a bazillion versions of the same print, each with a different frame, different number series, with COA, without COA, with signature, without signature, and each in different conditions (that yours is not out of the box is a good thing and will add a little value to your sale). You will almost never find one from your exact series and exact match to every criterion to give you an exact value of what someone paid for your item (value is what someone pays, not what a seller wants).

Trying to value someone on a similar is not a good thing in these items because some are more or less avaluable and if you find a similar that is a high value and yours is a low value you will be disappointed when you don't fetch that much. The flip side is is yours is more value than the similar, someone will get a great bargain.

What I suggest to anyone that is trying to sell any TK is to take it to a reputable consignment store or resale shop or if you have them in your town, an auction company who takes the Kinkade's (where I am most places won't touch them because there are so many and so many variables that they won't even try to sell them, but every town is different) and get them to give you an asking price and what percentage they would take for the sale.

Get several bids if you can and let the place that gives the best percent of sale the business.

If you are lucky, you may find a place that will buy it outright and then you can get the cash in hand. That will be your value in today's market.

I would not even bother trying to sell it on eBay or online because shipping is a disaster waiting to happen. The number of things broken these days in transit is frustrating.

Post back what you decide and the value you get when sold!

I have a hand signed Thomas Kinkade print called "Nevada City 1922 - A Rainy Afternoon on Broad Street". There is no number next to the signature. I also have a print that isn't signed called "Placerville in the Snow". It has a history of Kinkade attached to the back from a store in Placerville where the print was purchased (friend of a friend purchased years ago for unknown price).

I'm not getting much information on google. I came across this site while I was researching. Any info would be great.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Kinkade is popular but there are quite a large number of prints (of every painting) available and also on different types of material.

• The listing on eBay presently listed for $269.99 is a lithograph and measures 12x20, nice frame and free shipping/insurance. Shipping this will take a good chunk out of any sale. This item has been listed for some time and price has been reduced.
  • www.ebay.com/.../322556224202?hash=item4b19d962ca...
  • You do not say the size of your prints or if they are framed so sometimes it is like comparing apples and oranges.
  • This site shows a listing but it was from some time ago and it was listed on eBay for $69.00. If you look to the right side of this listing you will see a lot Kinkade listings.
  • Ad

• This site for appraisals and may be a good place for you to ask your questions. They are not free but they do have a free trail period that you might want to utilize.
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../thomas-kinkade-print-18-24-rainy...
  • Here is a very nice signed Kinkade that should give you some information about this particular painting.
  • www.ebay.com/.../122733306268?hash=item1c9379a19c...
  • Paintings are very slow sellers on any market but you should try to find out the true value from a good site or a local shop.
  • Here is a link that has some sites to check out if you decide to go for an appraisal.
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

You have the type of items that only a true appraiser can help with any kind of true value and getting a "retail price" means nothing when trying to sell something like this.

I recently bought a Thomas Kinkade Fly Fishing print. It is signed and numbered, but with an I/P notation. I know what that means, but cannot find the value of "it doesn't get much better " international print anywhere. Can you help? It is the larger sized print.

Answers

Best Answer

If you are looking for insurance value, talk to your insurance broker to make sure you are covered if it is damaged/stolen and to make sure you don't need a special rider for it.

If your broker is like mine, they will want to know how much you paid for it, if it has all the correct paperwork (like certificate of authenticity), and if it is framed or not...and if yes, professionally framed or a do it yourself job. This will develop a replacement value.

If you are looking for actual sold market value, I use Ebay completed/sold (you need to click BOTH options which on my screen are to the left of the listings) to look for comparables.

I never go by asking prices as people can ask for a million dollars :). By using the sold feature, you can get an idea of what people are actually paying for items in the open market.

There was a GP of this print recently sold for best offer with the selling prices starting at $620 and free shipping. Best offer means it was sold for less than the asking price (but you don't know exactly what amount. You also need to factor in that it probably cost $30-$50 to ship depending on size and location so the seller has to take that off the final amount + Ebay and Paypal fees (which are huge).

Hope this is helpful!!

How much is a Thomas Kinkade Daytona 500 print worth? This print is signed by Thomas Kinkade as well as Kyle Petty and the winner of the race Ryan Newman. It is framed and in excellent condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Value of signed print:

1. I did some research and found the studio for Thomas Kirkade.
  2. They have these prints available in both paper and canvas.
  3. They are currently selling a wrapped canvas Daytona 500 canvas for only $89.
  4. However, they have another one that is prints and other options (not sure what they mean by this) that start at $230 to $5,350.
  5. Considering your print is signed by Thomas Kinkade, Kyle Petty and Ryan Newman this print has some value.
  6. If the new prints are the same as your they start selling at $230 and they aren't signed by the three drivers.
  7. I would guess this print would sell for around $1500 to $2000 if it is in good conditions and framed like you say it is.
  8. I would actually contact the Thomas Kinkada studios and talk with one of them there.
  9. If a print the same as yours, not framed and not signed are selling on eBay for $230 I would say yours is worth a lot more than the one currently listed.

Does anyone know if a Thomas Kinkade library edition print, titled Forest Chapel, is worth anything? It's in a beautiful matted frame and about 24x20. Also, any ideas of where I could sell it? I tried to sell it at a yard sale for $200.00, Craiglist and eBay with no buyers.

By angie from Cleveland, TN

Answers

I wouldn't believe they are worth very much as they are produced by the thousands. But you should be able to find a art dealer in your area and ask them. They would have a better opinion.

First check to see if it is signed. Usually the signature would be at the bottom. Also look to see if it is a numbered print. It will have for example 121/300 near the bottom. That means it is the 121st print of 300. If it is signed and numbered it may very well be worth something. If it isn't you would be lucky to get 12.50 for it. That is the going price online.
Good Luck.
Gem

I think the Thomas Kinkade art is very pretty, while not exactly my taste. What did you pay for it? I looked him up on line and he is a real character, to say the least. I was shocked! Sounds like a good man gone very wrong. Sad.

This shows completed auctions: http://complete  sct=&guest=1

Thomas Kincade has put his paintings on everything, the value is very low maybe just for the frame. He has no value maybe an origional might be worth something, but most he has is prints and such, sorry to find out what it is or not worth, buy for the beauty of his paintings, not for future investment value.

I've tried ebay and can never find one as big as mine and one that says library edition. I didn't purchase it it was a gift from my mother-in-law several years ago when he was so popular. Not my decor choice either but very pretty and thoughtful gift. We don't really have an art dealer around here and Thomas Kincade store still has high prices on them but doesn't buy back. Thanks for help.

I am not familiar with Thomas Kinkade, but I suspect that if he has loads of these prints sold, it is worth the price of the framing, and not any more. I would suggest you find someone who likes this sort of thing, and gift it to them.

Have you come up with a price? I might be interested in buying it.

I am thinking $150.00 is what I would take for it.

I have a Thomas Kinkade gallery print. It was signed by him. The number of the print is #146. It is 36x32. Can you tell me the value?

I own a Thomas Kinkade print, The Forest Chapel, the library edition. I am getting married and we could sure use some extra cash. We want to post this on Craig's List or eBay, but are not sure what to even ask for it. We are not trying to break anyone, but don't want to give it away. Can anyone suggest what we should ask for it?

Answers

You should google for information. There are likely similar prints on eBay or similar sites. You could also take it to an art shop or antique and collectibles shop and see what they would give you for it. I have no idea of the value of Thomas Kinkade prints, but I do know that unlimited edition prints (or even limited editions of 500 or so), framed nicely, are not that valuable. New, I can buy one from a quite popular and famous local artist for about $600, but half of that cost is the framing. Second hand, I don't know what people would pay. Prints do not appreciate in value, because there are so many of them.

I have googled Thomas Kinkade prints, the official website, and see a framed print that looks like yours for $195. You should have a look for yourself. If that is the case, and this is like your picture, you could maybe get $175, although I think $150 would be more realistic. However, if you offer it for auction, you might do better because people can get carried away. I see on the website that there are some framed prints that are being sold for nearly $1000, but I suspect that these are very large, printed on canvas with the artist's thumbprint on the back, and very elaborately framed. I'm sorry if you thought you might have a more valuable piece, but I suspect not. Good luck with your wedding.

Library edition of Thomas Kincaid's large framed picture (chapel in the forest)- what's the value?

Anonymous

I purchased two of them, one is The Hidden Farden and the other is Forest Chapel both framed nicely. I paid $150.00 for both. Hopping for resale price. Not to hopeful.

What is the value of: City by the Bay Sunset on Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco? It is 24" x 36", #39427. Certificate # 112/500
Date of Highlighting: 12-21-03

Thank you very much for your help and time.

I have a 30x24 AP print of Thomas Kinkade's, Garden of Prayer. It is in the original box from printing company. It was never framed

We have a Thomas Kinkade print, A Rose Garden. It has his signature stampin the lower right corner:
Thomas
Kincade
John 3:16 and a 5 near the Bible verse
In the left hand corner is his signature and
1455/2950

I know that the numbers mean the sequence of this print/number produced.

Can you give me the value? Its in perfect condition.

I bought this Thomas Kinkade Accent print from Goodwill for $10.00 and wanted to know did I get a good deal? And how much is it worth?

I collected Thomas Kinkade items back in '90. I have several such paintings which I purchased at his galleries. While I am aware that the value of such items is hardly worth what I paid for them, I am wondering if having a couple which he personally signed and drew on while at a signing event will increase the value in today's market.

I would like to know the value of a print of Thomas Kinkade's Lamplight Manor Lamplight Lane VI. It was purchased in 2000, 24x36 G/P. It is signed on the back. 1138/1750 G/P edition.

I'm trying to find the value and where I can sell this? I have a Thomas Kinkade Garden of Promise print. I have certificate of authenticity.

Thanks for your help.

It is a picture of a cottage by the sea, #887 of 3850.

How much is this painting worth?

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles ArtMay 12, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓