Finding the Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print

Category Art
Thomas Kincade prints have been a very popular collector's piece of artwork. This is a guide about finding the value of a Thomas Kinkade print.

I purchased a Thomas Kincaid painting in the late 90s from a small Kincaid exclusive shop in Manistee, MI. It is "Beyond Autumn Gate, Morning at Manor". It is now time for me to sell my painting and I can't find the original paperwork. Any help you could give regarding its value would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

Almost all Kincaid paintings were produced in several sizes as well as printed on several type of material so you may have to do some of your own research as you did not supply any of this information.

I have a hand signed Thomas Kinkade print called "Nevada City 1922 - A Rainy Afternoon on Broad Street". There is no number next to the signature. I also have a print that isn't signed called "Placerville in the Snow". It has a history of Kinkade attached to the back from a store in Placerville where the print was purchased (friend of a friend purchased years ago for unknown price).

I'm not getting much information on google. I came across this site while I was researching. Any info would be great.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Kinkade is popular but there are quite a large number of prints (of every painting) available and also on different types of material.

• The listing on eBay presently listed for $269.99 is a lithograph and measures 12x20, nice frame and free shipping/insurance. Shipping this will take a good chunk out of any sale. This item has been listed for some time and price has been reduced.
  • www.ebay.com/.../322556224202?hash=item4b19d962ca...
  • You do not say the size of your prints or if they are framed so sometimes it is like comparing apples and oranges.
  • This site shows a listing but it was from some time ago and it was listed on eBay for $69.00. If you look to the right side of this listing you will see a lot Kinkade listings.
  • Ad

• This site for appraisals and may be a good place for you to ask your questions. They are not free but they do have a free trail period that you might want to utilize.
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../thomas-kinkade-print-18-24-rainy...
  • Here is a very nice signed Kinkade that should give you some information about this particular painting.
  • www.ebay.com/.../122733306268?hash=item1c9379a19c...
  • Paintings are very slow sellers on any market but you should try to find out the true value from a good site or a local shop.
  • Here is a link that has some sites to check out if you decide to go for an appraisal.
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

You have the type of items that only a true appraiser can help with any kind of true value and getting a "retail price" means nothing when trying to sell something like this.

I recently bought a Thomas Kinkade Fly Fishing print. It is signed and numbered, but with an I/P notation. I know what that means, but cannot find the value of "it doesn't get much better " international print anywhere.

Can you help? It is the larger sized print.

Answers

Best Answer

If you are looking for insurance value, talk to your insurance broker to make sure you are covered if it is damaged/stolen and to make sure you don't need a special rider for it.

If your broker is like mine, they will want to know how much you paid for it, if it has all the correct paperwork (like certificate of authenticity), and if it is framed or not...and if yes, professionally framed or a do it yourself job. This will develop a replacement value.

If you are looking for actual sold market value, I use Ebay completed/sold (you need to click BOTH options which on my screen are to the left of the listings) to look for comparables.

I never go by asking prices as people can ask for a million dollars :). By using the sold feature, you can get an idea of what people are actually paying for items in the open market.

There was a GP of this print recently sold for best offer with the selling prices starting at $620 and free shipping. Best offer means it was sold for less than the asking price (but you don't know exactly what amount. You also need to factor in that it probably cost $30-$50 to ship depending on size and location so the seller has to take that off the final amount + Ebay and Paypal fees (which are huge).

Hope this is helpful!!

How much is a Thomas Kinkade Daytona 500 print worth? This print is signed by Thomas Kinkade as well as Kyle Petty and the winner of the race Ryan Newman. It is framed and in excellent condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Value of signed print:

1. I did some research and found the studio for Thomas Kirkade.
  2. They have these prints available in both paper and canvas.
  3. They are currently selling a wrapped canvas Daytona 500 canvas for only $89.
  4. However, they have another one that is prints and other options (not sure what they mean by this) that start at $230 to $5,350.
  5. Considering your print is signed by Thomas Kinkade, Kyle Petty and Ryan Newman this print has some value.
  6. If the new prints are the same as your they start selling at $230 and they aren't signed by the three drivers.
  7. I would guess this print would sell for around $1500 to $2000 if it is in good conditions and framed like you say it is.
  8. I would actually contact the Thomas Kinkada studios and talk with one of them there.
  9. If a print the same as yours, not framed and not signed are selling on eBay for $230 I would say yours is worth a lot more than the one currently listed.

Does anyone know if a Thomas Kinkade library edition print, titled Forest Chapel, is worth anything? It's in a beautiful matted frame and about 24x20. Also, any ideas of where I could sell it? I tried to sell it at a yard sale for $200.00, Craiglist and eBay with no buyers.

By angie from Cleveland, TN

Answers

I wouldn't believe they are worth very much as they are produced by the thousands. But you should be able to find a art dealer in your area and ask them. They would have a better opinion.

First check to see if it is signed. Usually the signature would be at the bottom. Also look to see if it is a numbered print. It will have for example 121/300 near the bottom. That means it is the 121st print of 300. If it is signed and numbered it may very well be worth something. If it isn't you would be lucky to get 12.50 for it. That is the going price online.
Good Luck.
Gem

I think the Thomas Kinkade art is very pretty, while not exactly my taste. What did you pay for it? I looked him up on line and he is a real character, to say the least. I was shocked! Sounds like a good man gone very wrong. Sad.

This shows completed auctions: http://complete  sct=&guest=1

Thomas Kincade has put his paintings on everything, the value is very low maybe just for the frame. He has no value maybe an origional might be worth something, but most he has is prints and such, sorry to find out what it is or not worth, buy for the beauty of his paintings, not for future investment value.

I've tried ebay and can never find one as big as mine and one that says library edition. I didn't purchase it it was a gift from my mother-in-law several years ago when he was so popular. Not my decor choice either but very pretty and thoughtful gift. We don't really have an art dealer around here and Thomas Kincade store still has high prices on them but doesn't buy back. Thanks for help.

I am not familiar with Thomas Kinkade, but I suspect that if he has loads of these prints sold, it is worth the price of the framing, and not any more. I would suggest you find someone who likes this sort of thing, and gift it to them.

Have you come up with a price? I might be interested in buying it.

I am thinking $150.00 is what I would take for it.

I own a Thomas Kinkade print, The Forest Chapel, the library edition. I am getting married and we could sure use some extra cash. We want to post this on Craig's List or eBay, but are not sure what to even ask for it. We are not trying to break anyone, but don't want to give it away. Can anyone suggest what we should ask for it?

Answers

You should google for information. There are likely similar prints on eBay or similar sites. You could also take it to an art shop or antique and collectibles shop and see what they would give you for it. I have no idea of the value of Thomas Kinkade prints, but I do know that unlimited edition prints (or even limited editions of 500 or so), framed nicely, are not that valuable. New, I can buy one from a quite popular and famous local artist for about $600, but half of that cost is the framing. Second hand, I don't know what people would pay. Prints do not appreciate in value, because there are so many of them.

I have googled Thomas Kinkade prints, the official website, and see a framed print that looks like yours for $195. You should have a look for yourself. If that is the case, and this is like your picture, you could maybe get $175, although I think $150 would be more realistic. However, if you offer it for auction, you might do better because people can get carried away. I see on the website that there are some framed prints that are being sold for nearly $1000, but I suspect that these are very large, printed on canvas with the artist's thumbprint on the back, and very elaborately framed. I'm sorry if you thought you might have a more valuable piece, but I suspect not. Good luck with your wedding.

Library edition of Thomas Kincaid's large framed picture (chapel in the forest)- what's the value?

I have a 30x24 AP print of Thomas Kinkade's, Garden of Prayer. It is in the original box from printing company. It was never framed

I have a Thomas Kinkade gallery print. It was signed by him. The number of the print is #146. It is 36x32. Can you tell me the value?

I'm trying to find the value and where I can sell this? I have a Thomas Kinkade Garden of Promise print. I have certificate of authenticity.

Thanks for your help.

It is a picture of a cottage by the sea, #887 of 3850.

How much is this painting worth?

What is the value of a Thomas Kinkade library edition print titled "Cottage Garden"? It's a large print, the size you would hang above a sofa, nicely framed and matted.

By Sharon

Answers

Why not try buying one just to see what others might be asking?

you can do the research yourself.
Check out the listings on eBay or Craigslist.
There are a LOT of Thomas Kinkade library editions but maybe not too many of yours.

Sellers do their research before they list but the true value is what is sold.
eBay has a sold listings to check also.
The value of the painting will depend on the condition, size, framed, and how many are available.

Most are selling for under 100.00 and many for 25 or less.
Then there is the problem of shipping if you go with eBay.

maybe the true value is much less than you thought and you might check out local shops to see if they would be interested.

From what I am seeing it is between $60.00 and $250.00. Also if you do have to ship be sure to find a piece of plexiglass to go on either side of the painting. Would be a real shame to have a the poked thru the painting itself.

I have limited edition prints of Autumn Gate, Moonlit Village, and Garden Beyond Spring Gate by Thomas Kinkade. I would like to know how much they're worth.

I recently purchased a Thomas Kinkade print, 12x13 with a gold metal frame. It is a limited edition, sold out print. Is it real?

I acquired, back in 1998, a 18x22 Garden of Prayer Renaissance edition 179/400 with an authentic lighthouse sketch by Thomas Kinkade on the back of the canvas. I am in a situation where I am looking to sell. What would be a fair market price for it?

I have a Thomas Kinkade print named "Still Water Cottage" that 30" x 24" with a certificate of authenticity framed. I would like to sell it. What kind of price range should I be looking for?

What is my Thomas Kinkade Sunday Outing worth?

I would like to know how much my Thomas Kinkade "Conquering the Storm" limited edition print is worth.

Load More