Finding the Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print?

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Value of a Thomas Kincaid Painting - manor houseI purchased a Thomas Kincaid painting in the late 90s from a small Kincaid exclusive shop in Manistee, MI. It is "Beyond Autumn Gate, Morning at Manor". It is now time for me to sell my painting and I can't find the original paperwork. Any help you could give regarding its value would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Almost all Kincaid paintings were produced in several sizes as well as printed on several type of material so you may have to do some of your own research as you did not supply any of this information.

Answer this Question

64 More Questions

Can anyone estimate the value of my Mountain Majesty Beginning of a Perfect Day III by Thomas Kinkade. It's 378/1400 G/P Canvas - Charter size 25.5x34 in a gold frame and in great condition.

There are no other special attributes, eg. not signed.

Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print? - mountain and river landscape

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
Best Answer

I have found one that is the same size as yours but in a different frame listed on eBay and the seller is asking $2500 for the canvas. On this site they tell you a lot of details about the print and explain to you the average price, high and low prices. It appears the average price for this print is $849, the low is $175, and the high is $3000.

Here is a link to the site so you can learn more about how you can determine the price of your print if you want to sell it. picclick.com/Thomas-Kinkade-Beginning-of-a-Perfect...

Answer this Question

What is the value of this Thomas Kincaid print, Paris City of Lights?

A certificate of authenticity from Thomas Kinkade.

Answers

Best Answer

I found some prints selling on eBay that are 16x20 and the average asking price for the prints is $350. The larger one like you have the average asking price for the print is $450. You can also see some of the other Paris City of Lights being sold for over $1000 but these are not prints they are canvas.

That increases the value of the item. Framed ones seem to be asking a higher price for the prints than if they are not framed. I am not finding ones sold so I can only quote you what people are hoping to sell the prints for online.

Best Answer

It is almost impossible for anyone other than a qualified appraiser to give you a current value on this painting as there are too many that are 'just a little' different and that could change the value completely.

I do not see a size (unless I missed it) and it appears this is a print on canvas and not just a 'print' so that makes a very big difference.

Your painting is also in the 'Classic Reproduction' field and that also seems to make a difference.
So you can see it would not be possible for me to find an exact sold painting and that is the only way we can quote a maybe value.

Perhaps you can review this listing to see if it might match your painting - remember - everything has to be the same.
This listing is for sale on eBay and if it matches your painting you could place a watch on it to see if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../283644572575?hash=item420a88b39f...

There was only one similar painting sold on eBay (over the past several months) and that was for a Paris City of Lights II.

You might want to ask for a free online appraisal since an 'in person' appraisal could be costly.
If you check these you will see that you have to provide pictures and a very detailed description - other than the certificate.

Measurements - frame? - damage? - faded? -

instappraisal.com/

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../antiques.html

Answer this Question

I lost a print in a fire. It was Thomas Kincade, End of a Perfect Day III 1040 of 1240. Can you please let me know the value?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

There are several variables that will influence the current value but I see that even canvas (more valuable than print) 20 x 20 was only $135 (although they are sold out right now) so I would think your print (unframed) would be less than $100 plus a few dollars for the frame.

If this is for insurance claim you will need all the information about the print and perhaps prove its value. According to what type of insurance you have you may be able to claim what you paid if you have any record (credit card/bank records) of the purchase (if you have replacement value insurance).

If you just have regular coverage then you will probably only be able to claim the current value.
You can check eBay's sold listings for one like you had and if found, you can claim that as current value.
Be sure to check by size and print (not canvas) but you can check other auction sites (and Google) for your print and on eBay you can place a watch on any print to see if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=kinkade+end...

thomaskinkade.com/.../

Best Answer

The prints are not as valuable as the oil painting. If you owned an oil painting they are currently selling for around $2000. The price of the print will be determined by the size of the print. Smaller prints are selling for less than the larger ones. It will also depend on if you had this framed or not. I would say you are looking at around $100 to $150 for the print you have lost.

Answer this Question

I have a PP Thomas Kinkade, Stairway to Paradise, print. It is 25.5 x 34 with a gold frame. I bought it in the 90s and have had it stored in a sealed box for the past 15 years.

I would like to determine the value so I can sell it. It is 36 out of 710. I have all the documents with it as well.

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
Best Answer

These are so complicated to value because there are a bazillion versions of the same print, each with a different frame, different number series, with COA, without COA, with signature, without signature, and each in different conditions (that yours is not out of the box is a good thing and will add a little value to your sale). You will almost never find one from your exact series and exact match to every criterion to give you an exact value of what someone paid for your item (value is what someone pays, not what a seller wants).

Trying to value someone on a similar is not a good thing in these items because some are more or less avaluable and if you find a similar that is a high value and yours is a low value you will be disappointed when you don't fetch that much. The flip side is is yours is more value than the similar, someone will get a great bargain.

What I suggest to anyone that is trying to sell any TK is to take it to a reputable consignment store or resale shop or if you have them in your town, an auction company who takes the Kinkade's (where I am most places won't touch them because there are so many and so many variables that they won't even try to sell them, but every town is different) and get them to give you an asking price and what percentage they would take for the sale.

Get several bids if you can and let the place that gives the best percent of sale the business.

If you are lucky, you may find a place that will buy it outright and then you can get the cash in hand. That will be your value in today's market.

I would not even bother trying to sell it on eBay or online because shipping is a disaster waiting to happen. The number of things broken these days in transit is frustrating.

Post back what you decide and the value you get when sold!

Answer this Question

How do I find out the value of my Thomas Kinkade painting? It's a 16 x 20 artist proof canvas s/n "Lilac Gazebo" which has been framed at a TK gallery. It comes with a certificate of authenticity.

I met Thomas when I purchased the painting, and he drew a remark on the back of the canvas and signed the remark.

A Thomas Kinkade garden gazebo painting: Lilac Gazebo

A sketch on the back of a Thomas Kinkade painting.

A certificate of limitation and authenticity from Thomas Kinkade.

Answers

Best Answer

I can look online and tell you what people are selling or asking for these painting. Considering yours has been signed the price will change a lot and not be what others are asking for this. I would actually think it is best that you seek some help from a art dealer in your area to find out the real value of this canvas you have. I do not think that giving you a price that others ask online will do you justice consider the artist did sign this for you so that would really increase the value if you wanted to sell this. If you want to insure this then you will need to get it appraised by an art dealer and that is better for you in the long run.

Answer this Question

I am looking for the value of this print. Thomas Kinkade (Painter of Light) Conquering the Storms (Seaside Memories VI). It is a limited edition print. I have the Certificate and Limitation & Authenticity.

Print Number/Size/Phase: print 159/2850 S/N Paper - Charter. Size 24x36. Quality Framed.
Print is published on acid-free, premium grade paper.

Answers

Best Answer

There are a lot of Kinkade paintings listed for sale and some (usually only canvas) may sell for several hundred to thousands of dollars but the problem with trying to help someone find a current value is the difficulty in finding an exact same paining that has sold even in the last year. It will probably never happen as each little detail means something when discussing paintings/prints.

You might like to read some of the answers from similar questions on ThriftyFun:

www.thriftyfun.com/tf84388617.tip.html

Paintings are very, very slow sellers and you may find sellers who leave their paintings listed for years (and may never sell). This is not the same painting as yours but an example - Here is a painting that I had shown in one answer to a similar question (2/2017) and is still listed for sale (no way to know how long it had been listed before 2/2017). But we can see this painting has been listed for sale for over 2 years. This is not my painting, just a painting listed on eBay.

www.ebay.com/.../322556224202?hash=item4b19d962ca...

You can Google Thomas Kinkade Conquering the Storms and see how many different styles of paintings appear. And - you may not find even one that is the same as yours.

www.google.com/search?q=thomas+kinkade+conquering...

Here is one comment made by an appraiser when ask about buying a Kinkade painting:

"Art can be an investment, but investing in works from Thomas Kinkade is not known to pay off. ... "They sell beautiful Kinkade prints in galleries and on cruise ships, but the frames are worth more than the prints."

You might try getting a free appraisal so you'll know for sure what your painting may be worth - even if just for insurance. Appraisals are usually reduced by about 40 percent when trying to sell on the open market.
If you try to use one of these services you will need good pictures.

www.freeartappraiser.com/

fineart.ha.com/free-appraisals.s

Thomas Kinkade died in 2012. Here is a link telling how he died.

www.washingtonpost.com/.../gIQAN0UDBU_story.html

Answer this Question

I bought this framed print, Thomas Kinkade Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco limited edition 10/3850, and am just curious what it's worth. There are so many different ones I'm confused. Pictures are attached.

Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print - Golden Gate bridge

Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print

Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print

Answers

Best Answer

Prints are worth a lot less than the original paintings are. It appears that they have made 3850 of these prints and yours was the 10th one made. The value of this print will depend if it is made from paper or canvas. The frame has a factor in determining the price of this print. The size of your print also plays an important role in determing the value of this print. If you can tell us what the size is and if it is paper or canvas it will be easier for us to tell you the value of your print.

Answer this Question

I have a hand signed Thomas Kinkade print called "Nevada City 1922 - A Rainy Afternoon on Broad Street". There is no number next to the signature. I also have a print that isn't signed called "Placerville in the Snow". It has a history of Kinkade attached to the back from a store in Placerville where the print was purchased (friend of a friend purchased years ago for unknown price).

I'm not getting much information on google. I came across this site while I was researching. Any info would be great.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Kinkade is popular but there are quite a large number of prints (of every painting) available and also on different types of material.

• The listing on eBay presently listed for $269.99 is a lithograph and measures 12x20, nice frame and free shipping/insurance. Shipping this will take a good chunk out of any sale. This item has been listed for some time and price has been reduced.
  • www.ebay.com/.../322556224202?hash=item4b19d962ca...
  • You do not say the size of your prints or if they are framed so sometimes it is like comparing apples and oranges.
  • This site shows a listing but it was from some time ago and it was listed on eBay for $69.00. If you look to the right side of this listing you will see a lot Kinkade listings.
  • This site for appraisals and may be a good place for you to ask your questions. They are not free but they do have a free trail period that you might want to utilize.
  • www.worthpoint.com/.../thomas-kinkade-print-18-24-rainy...
  • Here is a very nice signed Kinkade that should give you some information about this particular painting.
  • www.ebay.com/.../122733306268?hash=item1c9379a19c...
  • Paintings are very slow sellers on any market but you should try to find out the true value from a good site or a local shop.
  • Here is a link that has some sites to check out if you decide to go for an appraisal.
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

You have the type of items that only a true appraiser can help with any kind of true value and getting a "retail price" means nothing when trying to sell something like this.

Answer this Question

I'm in Canada. This Thomas Kinkade print in gold frame with glass was bought new in the USA. It's been well taken care of. I'm wondering what the value of it is. Thanks.

A Thomas Kinkade print in a official gold frame.

A certificate for a Thomas Kinkade print.

Answer this Question
Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles ArtMay 12, 2014
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf84388617.tip.html