Cleaning an Oven

Any tips on how to make cleaning an oven easier? I normally use Easy Off and rubber gloves and get on my knees and scrub, scrub. Is there a better way? It is not a self cleaning oven.

By Onesummer

In my 71 years I haven't found a better way to do it. I did discover that it is easier if you have the type of oven that you can remove the door, just makes it easier to reach. Six years ago I asked for a new stove in my apartment and got a self cleaning oven. However, I just don't use the oven that often because it is too hard for me to get things out of it. I do a lot of microwave and slow cooker cooking. I even do turkey breast in the slow cooker because a turkey breast is large enough for our holiday meals. I also do meat loaf and baked potatoes in the slow cooker.

I'm a sufferer of bones disease & because of that I've had to learn how to do things without putting to much stress on my body. It was after my spinal fusion that I came up with an idea how to scrub & scour without injuring myself. I use a scrub brush with the plastic bristles that you can attach to a broom stick, used that for scrubbing, then change the scrub brush with a sponge mop. Good Luck.

Cindi

I don't have an answer for current easy oven cleaning for you, Onesummer, but once you do get it clean you just make sure to always use a drip/spatter pan (like a large cookie sheet) under what you're baking and wipe down the inside of the oven if there still happens to be oven wall or ceiling spatters before running the oven again. I haven't had to scrub an oven, have only needed to wipe it down with a soap and water rag, for over two decades now because of taking those precautions.

A good way to make cleaing the oven easier on you is to use the Easy Off Blue. This is not as smelly and is just a little safer to breathe if you get a whiff of it. You can spray it on at night and let soak until the next day. That way, you are letting the cleaner do most of the work. I have also used a pancake turner to help scrub off the burnt on mess. Get paper towels and just be prepared to throw about a whole role away so you won't have to wash extremely soiled cloths. I hope this helps!

Cleaning an Oven
Cleaning an Oven
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 27, 2011
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
🎉
🎄