Silly Putty in My Dog's Hair

My Shih Tzu puppy just got my daughter's silly putty stuck in her hair and in her paws! How can I get it out safely?

Normally I would say peanut butter but the dog would be licking it off and you don't want the silly putty ingested. I would strongly advise you to try baby oil.. It should basically work the same way.

* (If I didn't like somebody, I would give their kids silly putty for Christmas, birthday or any excuse I could think of) my bad...

Mayonaise or mineral oil. I fear baby oil might hurt the animal.

Baby oil & mineral oil are basically the same thing. Use any vegetable oil. (ie: corn oil, olive, soybean, etc.)

You can use peanut butter and then take a rag and wipe it out after you work it in real good or you can use Skin So Soft in the green bottle,regular secnt and work it in real good and wipe out,it will also kill flease and smell good

You more than likely have gotten the silly putty out by now. But for future reference to anyone who has this happen. I would use a good hair conditioner to remove the silly putty. Put on a good amount and work it around in the area making sure that it is completely covered. Let it sit for a few miutes. It will not just roll off, but with a little paitence you can remove it. If it were in my dogs hair, I might consider just cutting it out. It will grow back. But for the paws this should be fine.

DeSolvIt can be found in WalMart for this silly putty dilemma and MANY others; I discovered it years ago when (unbeknownst to me) my 4 yr old had lipstick in her pocket--clothes went thru washer AND dryer...Dry Cleaner recommended "pitch the clothes". Tried this biodegradable product: used yrs ago to clean up the Valdez oil spill withOUT hurting environment! Removes gum, grease, etc w/o harsh chemical results. (will need to wash, rinse product out of hair/fabric, etc.)

I used hand sanitizer and a fine tooth comb. it came off almost instantly. of course, if it is in a place where they can look, you might want to wash it off when you are done. I didn't feel any residue, but I wouldn't take a chance.

red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Hair
Pets Dogs GroomingMay 30, 2007
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
red putty egg
Homemade Silly Putty Recipes
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🎉
🎄