Gourmet "To Go" Coffee at Home

Here is a great tip for anyone who loves mocha flavored coffee at home for a fraction that you will pay at Starbucks. Simply add a teaspoon or two of cocoa to your coffee as you brew it. Add sugar and whipped cream or a cinnamon stick and you have a wonderful cup of coffee.

Even better, if you have an aerator use heavy whipping cream in your coffee with a little sugar and enjoy. This saves a lot of money for coffee lovers!

By Nunley10 from Huntington, WV

What is the purpose of using an aerator?

December 22, 2009 Flag

It's super hot here in Florida and I LOVE iced coffee! But I refuse to pay $3 to $4 for the fancy coffee drinks at Starbucks and such.

I buy one large size coffee at my local 7-ll or wherever and grab a couple extra lids. I make my own coffee at home and put it in a container in the fridge. Whenever I want to make an iced coffee, I just put it in the 7-11 cup, add milk or other ingredients.

Ta da! Gourmet 'to go' coffee, for pennies. The styrofoam cups last more than a month and keep the iced coffee super cold!

By JoSchmo from Cocoa, FL

Answers:

Gourmet "To Go" Coffee At Home

All sounds good to me. Check this out; I went to Jack in the Box and bought their Vanilla Coffee and it was very tasty. So the next day I took my left over coffee, put in cup with lots of ice and a third milk and 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract and WOW it was the very same as the one I bought, try that one. Thanks for posting (09/10/2009)

By jackies38

Gourmet "To Go" Coffee At Home

Knock yourself out with this one--Put chocolate syrup, milk and one or two drops of mint extract only in the cup with the coffee, shake, and add ice - oh. (09/10/2009)

By dollyslaffn

Gourmet "To Go" Coffee at Home

As an add-on. The coffee shop near my house uses their leftover coffee to make coffee ice cubes. Bloody brilliance in it's simplicity! I now have a paper bag (plastic makes a big ice lump) filled with coffee cubes in my freezer and make my own iced coffee as well. I use fat free half-and-half and sugar free chocolate syrup. Yum! (09/20/2009)

By iterpy

Better Living Frugal Living TipsDecember 22, 2009
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎉
🎄