Homemade Doughnut Recipe

I am a new subscriber and I'm looking for a fun, easy recipe for homemade doughnuts to try with my son. Some I have found are very involved and time consuming in the making. If anyone has a few good recipes, of different varieties, I would really appreciate it! Thanks

This is not a made-from-scratch recipe, but for children to help it is perfect. Start with a tube of biscuits. Pat them out just a bit, and cut a hole in the center...a bottle cap will work for this operation...the cap off a 2 liter soda bottle, for example. Heat the oil in a deep fryer, a Fry Daddy, or even in a skillet until a drop of water sizzles in the pan.Using a fork, carefully lower each donut into the hot grease (do the donut "holes" also). When they are golden brown, turn and brown on the other side, then, remove and drain on a paper towel for a couple minutes, and then put them in a brown paper bag with about 1/2 cup granulated sugar and shake well. Best eaten warm...Perfect breakfast. Hope this is helpful.

Rockytopp

I found an easy recipe here:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breakdonut/breakdonut29.html

enjoy!!

Baked Doughnuts

6 T shortening 2 c. flour

3/4 c. sugar 3 t baking powder

2 eggs 3/4 t salt

1 c. mashed potatoes 1/2 t mace

1/4 c. milk 1/2 t nutmeg

cream shortening, add sugar and beaten eggs. Stir in freshly mashed potatoes and milk. Sift dry ingredients and add to first mixture.

Bake in well greased muffin pans at 375-400 deg for 14 minutes. Brush with melted butter.

Makes 3 dozen

super easy quick fry bread recipe tastes just like a doughnut

2 c flour,

3 teas bakin powder

1/2 tea salt

1c water

mix them all and let sit for 15 - 20 minutes,

pinch off golf balls sized portions and flatten to about 1/4 inch some tribes put a hole in the middle for religious significants. i do because it is easier to get them out of the oil. and just deep fry for a few seconds on each side, pat off oil and put on some cimmamon and sugar. they are just like a doughnut but so so easy. hope u enjoy.

This is a recipe that my mom did when we were young children. It was take a can of biscuit and cut a hole out from a lid from a liter soda container. Then fry them up in oil and place your fried doughnut in bowl with either powered sugar or cinn sugar mixture. I did this with preschoolers during pj day. They loved it. They especially loved the doughnut holes that they made. Good luck

Hi there. I too am looking for a better doughnut recipe. I do have one recipe for you to try and enjoy.

What you need:

A flour mix like Jiffy or Bisquik

Milk or Water

Vegetable Oil

Sugar/Cinnamon or Powdered Sugar

Frying Pan or Deep Fryer

What you do:

For a Pan:Use just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan about 1/2 an inch. Leave it to heat on the stove.

For a Fryer: Use about 4 inches of oil or just enough to let the balls float and not burn on the bottom.

Mix the milk (or water) with the flour so that it has the consistency of dumplings. Use whatever flavoring you like in the dough: Sugar, Jelly, Powdered Jello Mix. Get creative. You can even add food coloring if you like.

*I guesstimate when I cook, so it would probably be about a cup of flour and 2/3 cup of milk for 12 balls*

Roll the dough into little balls about 1/2 an inch to an inch thick. However big you want them. Warning:The bigger they are, the longer they have to cook and the more susceptible they are to being doughy in the middle and burnt on the outside.

Prepare whatever you want to top your doughnuts: glazes, jellies, frostings, etc. A recipe for a topping is at the bottom. I like to use a cinnamon/sugar mix.

For the Pan: Now that your oil is ready put the balls into the pan. Cook them until they turn a nice golden brown. *Carefully watch these to make sure they dont burn! Roll them in the pan and make sure they dont stick to eachother.

For the Fryer: This is a lot easier, and kinda fun. Drop the balls into the fryer and let them cook to a golden brown. Then you get to go "Bobbing-For-Doughnuts"! *Wee*

After you remove the balls from the oil put them in your mixture and roll it around to get it to stick. Again you can use Powdered Sugar, Powdered Jello Mix, anything at all. The oil will make whatever it is stick to the balls. Or if you want, you dont have to cover them, you can dip them in icing or a nice cold glass of milk. Its a great treat for everybody.

Add sprinkles for more fun. Candies are good too!

As promised here are some topping ideas:

*For icing just mix powdered sugar and milk together. Maybe add some food coloring or lemon jello mix for spunk. *Be sure to use more milk than sugar, it will be a kind of runny state

*For Frosting use more powdered sugar than milk.

*I like to take a container of Betty Crocker Lemon frosting, a small 12oz container of sour cream and a package of raspberry jello mix and stir it all together to make a wonderful cake frosting. **VERY SCRUMPTIOUS**

*You can also dip your doughnuts in jelly or even *gasp* P-Nut butter!! YUM.

I hope this helps. Sorry its so long. Being a teen of course I talk a lot.

PLEASE if you have any other doughnut recipes let me know. This one is good but I want more. TeeHeeHee. ;0)

love summbuddy

1 can buscuit

sugar and cinnamon or powdered sugar

fry in oil

Quick, easy taste like homemade.

Great Donut recipe! Must try kids love it!

One loaf of white bread

Cut a hole in the center of each piece

Turn on grease on high and fry for 5 minutes high heat each side.

Then butter both sides immediately after taking out of grease.

Drizzle with remaining grease.

Lastly sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon!

Kids love it! ENJOY!!!

This sounds silly but they are perfectly delicious and kids love to make them. Buy some Pillsbury biscuits in the can. Take them out of the can and stick your finger in the middle and make a hole. Deep fry two at a time for a couple of minutes in medium hot cooking oil, turning when brown.

In a paper bag put cinnamon sugar mix, about 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. As you take the 'donuts' out of the oil, shake off excess oil and put them in the bag, two at a time. Shake it up, remove and place on paper towels. Really good.

omg I just made the baked dough nuts. They were awesome. Thank you so very much.

Can I use bisquick pancake mix and make little dough nuts and cook them in my fryer?

HOMEMADE DONUTS - Linda's Grandma Edna Hilligus

4 Cups flour

1 Tbsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

2 eggs, beaten

1 Cup sugar

2 Tbsp. oil

1 Cup buttermilk

Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out and cut.

Drop into hot oil. Turn over. Cook until brown. Take out and drain. Can dip into 10X confectioners sugar while hot. This recipe has been around for many years as it was my grandmother's passed down from her grandmother. I used it for my children and their friends. Enjoy!

i just got done making home made dough nuts with pancake mix that you just add water too. I mixed it up a little so its thick then add a little flour, so its not so sticky. Then deep fry it and roll in sugar. They are good.

Can I make donuts out of a cake mix?

I need a recipe for homemade drop donuts. I finally found a donut maker, but have no recipes can some one help?

A homemade doughnut being coated in sugar.
Homemade Doughnut Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchJanuary 18, 2003
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
mini doughnut snowmen
Mini Doughnut Snowmen
Pot O' Gold Doughnuts
Making Pot O' Gold Doughnuts
🎉
🎄