Choco Butternut Munchkins
April 27, 2020
Dunkin' Donuts choco butternut doughnut and munchkin are our favorite. Unfortunately our place doesn't have the store, so I tried making some using chocolate cupcakes.
- butternut coating
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- orange food coloring
- chocolate ganache
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
- choco cake balls
- 6 - 10 moist chocolate cupcakes or cake
- 1/4 cup frosting (buttercream or condensed milk will do)
Choco Butternut Coating
- Let's start with the orange coating to give it some time to cool down before using. In a pan, melt butter. Add sugar and flour. Stir until well combined.
- Put a drop of orange food coloring then continue to stir. Stir constantly until all is combined and crumbles break.
- Remove from heat when crumbs are fine and dry. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir until dry ingredients are dissolved. Place over low heat while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat when it becomes thick. Add butter allow this to melt and mix well with the hot chocolate.
- Crush cake with fork.
- Add some frosting (I used 2 Tbsp condensed milk). Mix very well to fully blend liquid into the cake. This will make the texture sticky like a clay.
- Scoop a spoonful of cake mixture and form into ball.
- Dip each ball in chocolate ganache.
- Roll the balls into butternut coating.
- At this point the munchkins might be a little warm because of the ganache. Place them in fridge to allow ganache to set. But it's still fine to serve them warm. Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun. Desktop Page | View Mobile
Generated 2022-10-25 17:59:17 in 4 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.